On with the week! After Saturday's long run, I didn't think I could do a 4.5 mile run today (IN DOORS, especially), but Raha and I powered through it! Our schedule switched up a little this week again due to our lives- On training doesn't stop, we just MAKE IT WORK!
Today's 4.5 mile run: HARD, boring and indoors. After running outside and breathing in the fresh air, as the sun was shinning down on me, never bored for a minute, TODAY was hard on that treadmill!
Time: 00:40:50
I assume I burned well over 450 calories.
We went on to do a sick & quick& fun leg workout....

Round one: 2 sets
- Step ups (holding dbells)
- Static side lunge
- Walking lunges
Round two: 2 sets
- Leg press
- reverse lunge holding kbell
- 1 leg deadlift
Round three: 2 sets
- Decline crunch
- hanging abs
- toe touches
I have NO idea how long this workout took, because my heart rate monitor decided to DIE on my long run! GRR. Have no fear, because a NEW one is on it's way!Running schedule this week is:
Monday- 4.5 mile run- legs & abs
Tuesday-3 mile run (interval- sprints)back, chest & shouldersWednesday-4.5 mile run- legs
Thursday- OFF- OFF-OFF
Friday- 8 mile run- no workout post-run
Saturday-OFF-OFF-OFF
Sunday-cardio workout- hitting every body part...but of course! ;o)
We are getting closer to race day! At this point in my training, I am feeling pretty good. I won't lie, every time I get a twinge in my knee, I get scared, but then I just trust in my training, my stretching, and make sure if I need down time, I take it!
I will fill you in on my meals so far. I have completed a whole week of Vegan-ism! Ahhhh! How are you eating!?!? DID you stuff your belly with bad foods this weekend???

No comments:
Post a Comment