Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Got Hemp??

A client asked me about the benefits of Hemp protein this morning and why I switched from my regular protein....I blame it on Brendan Brazier for educating me on what an amazing little plant fiber!


I don't know about you, but I go to great lengths to ensure my body is fit and healthy throughout my life. I think once I turned 30, it was like this alarm went off in my head. My desires to go out and live it up diminished. The thought of drinking wine or cocktails with dinner frequently became a thing to do in my 20's ONLY. Eating twice the amount of calories I needed just grossed me out! What happened in my 30's became the foundation for how I will live the rest of my life. Working out became so important to me but not just for physical reasons, but because I can stop heart disease, high cholesterol, diabetes, inflammation...you get my point. Finding the RIGHT balance between fitness and nutrition started to become super easy too. Am I too health conscious? Nah, I don't think so. I don't think you can EVER be too conscious of your health and the way you FEEL each morning when you wake up to go through your daily life.

Each year I find that I am increasing my preference to consume food and supplements that are natural, from the earth and free from any chemicals or toxins. Once I started to read the Thrive book, I realized that maybe I should expand my horizons and see if my taste buds would like to try Hemp protein powder, hemp oil and hemp seeds. What have I got to lose?

Hemp has sparked the interest of people for so many years because of the benefits it produces and how versatile it is. Years ago, I honestly thought people who consumed this plant (which I thought only of Weed or pot) were weirdos! little did I know I was just being naive and close-minded.

Of course you hear me say this all the time but in order for you to function properly day to day with lasting energy and lean muscle, you diet should have a good mixture of minerals, vitamins, Fatty acids and Amino acids incorporated into your diet.

Brendan Brazier's book has taught me more about Hemp and it's benefits. Hemp is loaded with essential nutrients like calcium, chlorophyll, magnesium, sulphur, phytosterols, ascorbic acid, beta-carotene, fiber, histidine, iron, potassium, phosphorus, riboflavin, niacin and thiamine. Hemp seeds also contain all 10 essential amino acids.


 You can find Hemp protein in many different forms, from tablets, powders, syrup and ready made drinks. It can be used as a simple supplement to your current diet, this means you can add all of those essential amino and fatty acids to your diet and ensure your body is working in peak performance. This will give you more energy and a greater drive and focus in your everyday life.


Athletes like Brendan Brazier and people like me who are athletes but not at a professional level,   have realized  the benefits of hemp protein.  Athletes consume protein to assist in repairing muscle structure. Both athletes and bodybuilder along with EVERYDAY people like you & me body  are now switching to hemp protein.Here are some reasons why I made the switch...The main reason is that if Brendan Braizer- PROFESSIONAL Iron man- triathlete uses it and gets great benefits from it, so can I!
Here are more reasons I switched:
  • rapid absorption into the body and its ease of use.
  • it reduces the need to stack the protein with expensive additional amino acids, instead the hemp protein contains everything to absorb the protein and increase growth. Saves you so much money on supplements!
  • 30 grams of hemp protein contains 15 grams  of traditional protein, this is estimated to be the maximum amount of protein the body can consume in any single dosage, meaning the body gets the maximum amount of protein available.
  • Hemp protein powder is hugely versatile.
  • Hemp protein can be  added to juices, smoothies, milk & water.
  • Hemp powder can also be used for baking at a rate of 25% Hemp Protein to 75% flour, this means all of your foods can be giving you a steady supply of all the benefits of hemp protein throughout the day.
  •  Hemp Protein is 100% natural so you are not adding any non essential ingredients to your body, meaning you getting exactly what Hemp Protein contains.
  • compare the cost of most protein powders on the market with Hemp protein powder, the difference is significant, because most of you are also buying amino acids, fatty acids, etc... Once you switch to Hemp, your not only benefiting your body, but all your purse or wallet! :O)


    Protein as you know is essential in the body to ensure the body functions correctly, Protein is responsible for helping the body repair itself which in turn leaves you healthy & fit. it  Protein is also important for hair and skin looking radiant and healthy!


While in the past when I would think of Hemp, I would connect that thought to hippies and peace signs, the truth now as I know it  is that hemp  actually has  a great deal of nutritional value that I believe you should give a shot!


Hemp seeds are becoming if not already, a HUGE trend in Natural food not only for vegetarians and Vegans, but to all kinds of eaters. I believe this is due to the high protein value of the seeds. These seeds contain protein as well as a protein that your body can easily digest. For me that is HUGE because I have struggled with so many belly aches in the past from horrific synthetic proteins on the market today! If only I had know then!  Hemp does not cause gas and bloating!
This valuable little seed also  contains each of the nine essential amino acids that your body needs in order to function properly! BAM! I know you are getting excited now!11 more amino acids can be found in hemp which can help strengthen the health of the body.  High in fatty acids, and fiber, your body will absorb these amazing nutrients right up!

I am definitely going to use hemp over soy in the future! Soy is an excellent source of protein and has many versatile uses, however Hemp has several advantages over soy. In powdered form, Soy is often processed with a solvent which has a negative impact on the environment and it could also be damaging to our own health. Hemp Protein Powder is extracted in a technique called, cold pressing. Absolutely no heat or chemicals are used. This is not only beneficial to the environment it ensures valuable vitamins and minerals are not destroyed and the proteins are not denatured during processing. Hemp grows very easily without the need for herbicides or pesticides. Soy is typically farm using Genetically Modified (GM) techniques.


If you want to strengthen your immune system, and keep your body free from toxins, start using this Fabulous Green Goddess Approved Seed!

In tomorrows blog, I will post some recipes for you!

XO Tina

No comments: