I will say this, since I was approaching 40 last year, my ULTIMATE goal was to look INCREDIBLE. From the age of 36-39, I was ALL ABOUT RIPPED abs, RUNNING like a MACHINE, Looking SEXY, having the blondest hair and the tiniest little waist with big fake boobies. I wanted to look like a Barbie doll! There was NO WAY, I would LOOK 40 on my 40th birthday! MY THOUGHTS, MY WORDS, MY GOALS took me to my goal- and I ACHIEVED everything I set out to! In my mind, envisioning myself to LOOK a certain way would make me FEEL a certain way inside. I KNEW if I had a super ripped stomach, I would NEVER feel self conscious about it, and that would be a GREAT THING for me. I KNEW if I worked my ass off in the gym to build my legs for running, I would be able to run my half marathons- I did just that. I KNEW if I ate a Vegan lifestyle, I would FEEL great about it. I KNEW that when keeping my hair blond it would mentally make me more vibrant, bubbly and dynamic- -whereas every time I go back to dark brown hair, I end up sad, depressed and in a dark place.
If you think by taking pictures of myself it's narcissistic, think again. It couldn't be furthest from the truth. Fact is, that when I look back and reflect on where I was when a certain pictures was taken, I'm not only looking at the shell of my existence, but what I was going through mentally at that time in my life. I become more aware of ME when I look back at old pictures, and connect emotionally the time with the picture. I take full responsibility for NOT loving myself ENOUGH at the time to allow any unhappy feelings or emotions to occur and to let them show on my shell (my body). I also take blame and acknowledge the fact that I didn't KNOW then what I know NOW about my body, my soul, my mind and my emotions. I forgive myself, now, and still would NEVER want to return to that person again.
Knowledge is POWER and I accept responsibility for the life I have created over the past 41 years. I have the power to get up each day and MAKE IT BETTER THAN THE DAY BEFORE and NO ONE can take that away. So turning 41 for me is better than it was turning 31! 10 years ago I wasn't HALF the woman I am now in ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.
Reaching other women my age trying to transform them from the inside out is the MOST challenging and rewarding job all in one! If more women would OPEN their minds and allow for new positive changes to push through and suck out the negative thoughts of self loathing, self doubt and fear, MORE woman my age would be walking around with so much EMPOWERMENT!
I won't deny I am aware that I look WAY younger than I am. I won't deny that most 25 year old young woman don't care for themselves like I do, but NEVER do I compare myself with ANYONE, because 31 or 41 years old, we are ALL on our OWN journeys in life. My just happens to be pretty damn INCREDIBLE, thanks to the Good LORD for ALWAYS being with me, and thanks to the people I have surrounded myself with and yes even to the people I have decided are toxic in my life and are no longer there. At one time those toxic people served their purpose, and Im learning that every person comes into you life for a reason, a season or a lifetime. It's your choice to keep them there or let them go.
At 41 years old, I am all about building NEW relationships with people who make me feel good, make me smile, happy and bring out the BEST in me.
No comments:
Post a Comment