Total Pageviews

Monday, April 5, 2010

The aftermath....


Oh boy, where to begin! I had a great day at work with my clients. I got hugs, congratulations, and so many smiles from my favorite people. My clients have been so supportive of this race and have listened to talk about my training for the past 8-9 weeks! I brought my medal and hung it next to all my ISSA certifications, so I can look at it each and everyday! Yeah, I am PROUD, as I should be......

BUT! I feel like, what is next? I need to find more, do more and BE MORE! I had such an amazing experience I can't even begin to say! I am thinking about doing another 1/2 marathon in Philly with Rob, who did this past race with me. We will see! I also think there are some coming up in CT somewhere in June. I will say this: It's about TIME & conditioning to perfection this time! I am happy with my results and time for my first race, but next time will be completely different! I know this running is addicting, but for me, it's about a few things, releasing stress, connecting with God and staying in FABULOUS shape!

I went to run today. Had a goal of 6 miles, but my hip flexor wouldn't let up. I did 5.5 miles, then hopped on the bike and rode like a crazy woman for another 15 minutes. I felt great after wards. I burned about 600 calories total, which to me is great!

I have some new goals for April. I am going to continue to run 4 days per week, and train hard on my muscles 3 days per week. I am going to train my legs for endurance and strength so I am a more efficient runner.
I am also looking to get a weeeee bit leaner! Now don't go getting crazy! I am not aiming for the "CRACK HEAD" look, I want to be lean, ripped and super toned. It's my goal, and I am sticking to it! I am also going to start biking! Mario & I bought road bikes, so this weekend, I will start my riding. I can ride to my gym everyday, and other places! I may even ride to Greenwich! :O) I say...as long as I have the energy, and the WILL, I can do anything! I already proved it!





Have a great night!

XO

1 comment:

Mary M said...

Bike riding...great minds think alike!!!!!

THIS too I have been wanting to ADD!!!! SO I can ride to you and you can ride to me! NOW that would be a great Marathon......:)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XO