No one knows your body better than YOU. Your body also knows your routine as far as when you eat everyday. Typically, I have the same routine day in and day out. Some days I eat a little more and some days I eat a little less. I DO NOT count calories- Besides, why do I need to count the calories in broccoli, salad and blueberries???? My diet is mainly plant based with the exception of egg whites, ground buffalo and the occasional canned Pole caught tuna. Other than that, I eat tons of nuts, veggies, salads and more veggies!
Today is a very strange day for my body, as it didn't know what the hell to think! I didn't have my clients first thing like I always do. Since my schedule on Tuesday and Thursdays has lightened up, I decided to shift some people over to Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday, I have been going to my other Country Club Fitness Centers to check on my staff and make sure everyone is doing their best. As usual, I woke up this morning and made my oats, blueberries, coconut oil and protein powder. It has to be my most favorite meal of the day. I wake up with my internal alarm clock (my GROWLING BELLY). Before getting to Scarsdale this morning, I grabbed my coffee and off I went. As soon as I got here, I got right to work on helping my trainer Nicole get situated, and together we welcomed more members to their GORGEOUS fitness center. I guess you could say I was running around.
At about 9:30, I was STARVING! LUCKILY, I had my trusty LARA bar. The nuts kept me satiated for a good few hours. I knew that at 1:30, I would have to face my 5 mile run followed my hams and shoulders. I sucked down lots of water and figured that would keep me full, but not even close. I went to the cafe in the fitness center and grabbed the ONLY thing my body would like- A teeny bag of raw nuts including cashews pistachios and dried fruit like apricots. That did nothing as well, but my hunger was manageable.
At 1:15, Raha said she would be a little late, so I figured I would warm up and do my dynamic warm ups and by the time I was ready to run, she would be there. As always the HUTCH is packed like a can of sardines, so she didn't get there until about 2:20. I had already run 1.5 miles. I had planned on running 5 miles, but my body was running on empty, I couldn't stay focused and I was getting irritable. That's how I know my sugar levels are low. At my third mile, I decided to stop, and just push through my weights. Raha joined me.
Learn from this experience. DO NOT attempt to exert yourself on a long run or hard workout if you didn't have enough nutrients to back up your hard work. I didn't even get a pump in my workout and felt so shaky. This is something I NEVER do. I think that anyone who does this is PLAIN STUPID! You can't take your body to the next level without GREAT NUTRITION. A protein bar isn't good enough and neither is a bowl of lettuce. YOU NEED FUEL! I needed carbs! I needed protein! Nuts, and a lara bar didn't cut it!
What I should have done was either cancel the workout all together, or run home and grab a slice of Ezekiel toast with 3 egg whites & 1/2 a banana..... Heck we all make mistakes, and I sure learned my lesson.
I had to run back to the Scarsdale club so instead of driving home for a shake, I went to Andy's in Rye, got a huge coconut water, a large container of: lentils, arugula salad with mangos, sauted tofu about 2 cups and about 1.5 cups of steamed broccoli. Guess what! 30 minutes later I am STILL hungry! OH and I will be home to make about 5 egg whites including two whole eggs with Ezekiel toast and some coconut oil smothered on top with a little baked yam. GRRRRRRRRR......
Always remember: NUTRITION is 90% of your success in achieving a GREAT physique. ANYONE can look THIN or SKINNY and in MY opinion that isn't having a GREAT physique! Just sayin......
No comments:
Post a Comment