Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Run baby run!

I am happy to finally tell you that Raha and I ran together outside for the second time together this week...... This time it was in her neck of the woods (Cos Cob, CT). We decided last week that today - Sunday we would do our long run. Now MIND YOU, I had in my journal to run 9 miles. I think my inner marathon child takes over my pen while I am writing these workouts and runs each week, because CLEARLY, afetr our 5 mile run and being exhausted and after today's 6 mile run, we are NOT ready for a 9-er yet. I woke up at 5:45am (YES, ON A SUNDAY), threw on my clothes, grabbed a banana, popped some vitamin C, threw on my baseball hat and some sunblock, and out the door I went. It was a PERFECT morning to run! NO humidity, and a slight chill...


A few things:
  • The day before you run, drink a TON of water (you should drink a ton anyway)
  • The night before you run, get to sleep early. We watched a movie, didn't get to bed until 11:00, only to find myself SLEEP-LESS, because my husband was snoring!
  • The day before- DO NOT CARB UP or eat a heavy meal for dinner. You will find yoruself having a very bad belly and you may have to run yourself to the bathroom on your run, because you HAVE THE RUNS!
  • The morning OF the run (5:45am), drink a cold glass of water and have a banana
  • Make sure you do some dynamic warm ups - Remember, you rolled out of bed less than 45 minutes ago! Get the blood flowing
  • DO NOT guzzle coffee right before- I did that this morning because I woke up super tired... only to end up with stitches in my side.
  • FINALLY, run your heart out. If your goal is 6 miles, then run 6 miles. Give ALL of your runs 200%
Off on our run, Raha took me through a BEAUTIFUL neighborhood over near Bruce Park. The homes, the GREEN grass on everyone's lawns, the SMELL of the tress and dirt, crossing a black squirrel with an auburne color tail... It was simply gorgeous! No humidity in the air, as the sun shined down on us. Runs like this are when I wish I used my iphone for music, but even still, I wouldn't have stopped running to take a picture, so...oh well.

During the run, I kept paying attention to my form. After watching the USA Olympic Track and Field trials last night I was super motivated to run, and run WELL! Just incase you missed it... ust watch this!


Their bodies, their DRIVE, their speed and form. My eyes were GLUED to the TV watching this last night!

CLEARLY, these women train 4-8 hours a day and ALL YEAR round focusing on training, and yes, that included being in the gym, lifting weights. They do lots of track work and drills to improve speed. Stretching is an OBVIOUS, and that also includes yoga and pilates. Closer towards competitions, their work load increases, and this includes more intervals and sprints. Their gym time doesn't stop. Maintaining a LOWER bodyfat is necessary, simply for SPEED.

Ah! back to Me & my FAB running partner- We did GREAT! Raha's garmin clocked us at 57:59- 6 miles. Not bad considering we stopped once for 1 minute and once for 30 seconds- Thanks to MISS. STITCH in my side! I have to figure out this stich crap, because it really pisses me off!

When I left Raha's, I rushed home, jumped in the shower, even did my hair and makeup,  made my oats and protein (to eat while I drive) went and trained Stacy at one club and then ran to my NEW club in Scarsdale to check on my staff. I seriously wondered at this point how I am so full of energy and how I am standing with both eyes open! Around 12:30, i was starving so I had a Kind Bar. It has the perfect amount of nuts to keep me satiated. At about 2:00, I ran home, grabbed Tyler to get him his favorite Pizza from Sal's, drove back to the house where I made my yummy lunch:
  • 2 slices Ezekiel toast
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 Dr. Preager's Veggie burger
  • slice tomato
  • cracked black pepper
That hit the spot, and while I am ready for a nap, I made a bunch of homemade meatballs and sauce for Mario & Tyler. Once that was done, I took off and now at my club in Rye to train a client at 4:30.

CAN YOU SAY SUPERWOMAN????

No comments: