Have a fabulous day! RAIN OR SHINE!
Stuffed Quinoa Peppers: Ok, I really pulled this one from my thinking cap! I have been dying to make these peppers, but make then really healthy! Here ya go!
1 of each, yellow, green, red and orange pepper. Cleaned out and when you cut the tops off, save them!
1/2 eggplant diced
1 red onion, diced
2 green zucchini's diced
2 yellow zucchini's diced
garlic cloves, chopped small, I used 5- :O) we like garlic
1 small can tomato paste
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup veggie broth
sea salt & pepper
Saute the garlic and onion in 1 tbsp olive oil. Once caramelized, add the eggplant and zucchini. mix well and let saute for about 10 minutes. Add the tomato paste. stir well, and add water & Broth. Once it's completely saturated, cover and cook on low for about 30 minutes, or until really soft and mushy.
In the meantime, I have my Quinoa cooking in the rice cooker. I have 1 cup dry quinoa and 2 cups water.
This makes for A LOT of Quinoa. Take 1/2 the batch of quinoa, and add to the sauteed veggies...Once you have mixed everything well, spoon out your mixture, and add to the peppers. Stuff them to the top and put on the tops of peppers that you saved to the side.
Put them iin the oven on 360 degrees for about 50 minutes!
DEE-LISH! and most lf all NUTRITIOUS!
Let me know if you try these!
XO Green Goddess
No comments:
Post a Comment