Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Running baby! Just running!


I did it! My goal was to do my 4 mile run under 43 minutes! I did it in 39! YAHOO!
So here is how I did it....

5.7~ 1 st mile
5.8~2nd mile
5.9~3rd mile
6.0~4th mile! :O)
39 minutes
450 calories
150 - 165 heart rate
I was so happy! I kept a few things in mind and thanks to a few of my girls! MELISSA CUNNINGHAM & Vanessa, a dear friend of mine... They gave me great advice.

Vanessa's advice: 
"Was reading your blog about your pain between the shoulder blade.  That is referral pain from your neck mamaaa, remember to look at the whole chain when there is pain not just the localized spot.  Running has severe impact on the cervical vertebrae, so please try to stretch your neck gently as well as your pecs, no overhead dumbbell shoulder press for now, strengthen your serratus as well.  AND your crazeeee running with arthritis girl!!! OMG! I thought I was bad! Let me know if I can help you further, start with that for now.  I have other rehab stuff you can do to and acupuncture works wonders!" 

Melissa wrote:
Was reading your blog about your pain between the shoulder blade.  That is referral pain from your neck mamaaa, remember to look at the whole chain when there is pain not just the localized spot.  Running has severe impact on the cervical vertebrae, so please try to stretch your neck gently as well as your pecs, no overhead dumbbell shoulder press for now, strengthen your serratus as well.  AND your crazeeee running with arthritis girl!!! OMG! I thought I was bad! Let me know if I can help you further, start with that for now.  I have other rehab stuff you can do to and acupuncture works wonders!  

SO THANK YOU GIRLS! After my run, I felt so full of energy still Runner's High) so I got to work on my body..... 


I have a lot of work to do for my nutrition clients so I can't babel on...Sorry my girls...Will fill you in on some FABULOUS STUFF TOMORROW!
Over and out!

A little inspiration for ya!


http://proof.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/03/10/dry-run/
PS. Don't forget to have your GREEN GODDESS SHAKE!

1 comment:

Krissa said...

I like your pullup bar in the pics below :)

Good job on the runs!