Ok, ok, so here is part two of what I learned during my most incredible weekend in the city with Dr. Jack!
When you come into my fitness centers and work with me, my husband or one of my FABULOUS trainers, we are there to MAKE YOUR BODY! FIND YOUR STRENGTH! Think these three words…and when Dr. Jack said them all weekend, these three little words stuck in my head
BE HERE NOW! Anyone have any idea what that means? Well, I will tell you. When you are in a training session with a trainer, instead of chatting about what you did during the weekend, how about concentrating on your BODY for the 30-60 minutes you have with that trainer. BE HERE NOW means stay in the zone, focus, work hard, and visualize your dream body and MAKE IT HAPPEN! SO today, while I was working out, I literally shut off my IPOD, kept the plugs in my ears and as I did every exercise, I would say “BE HERE NOW” to myself. Let me tell you, I was so zoned in and focused on myself! You should try it!
Sunday morning Dr. Jack was offering a MEDITATION class before class began. SO I got my sleepy cooley to NYC by 7am! I was so glad I took him up on that. I never meditated before. What a great experience. More than half the class showed up. We all closed our eyes with our hands on our laps, as Dr. Jack talked us through it! INCREDIBLE! I was in tune with my body, my breath, my muscles, my nerves. I was in a VERY CALM STATE!
Did you know your breath affects muscles, function, and removing waste? Yep! I felt it. You should try it! Go sit in a room quietly by yourself for 4-5 minutes and just be! Breathe slowly in through your nose and exhale through your mouth, I am telling you, it’s incredible.
BE HERE NOW!
Ok, here is some pretty heavy stuff, it relates to not just your workouts but to YOU and your entire world…. Get ready!
1. Always have a pad and a pen. Write down your thoughts, your dreams, and your goals. Desire improvement enough to be willing to do something about it. Write down the desires of your heart.
2. Read over your desires morning and night. Read over thoughtfully and prayerfully
3. Write what you really expect, don’t be afraid to ask. Stop covering your light and most important; don’t let others cover your light.
4. Focus on what you can do NOW, where you are, with what you have
5. Believe completely that your ability to see – even dream of this desire is reason enough to believe you can achieve it. KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! You have to wish or pray with your legs moving! Look forward, never behind!
6. GIVE THANKS! Be grateful for what you have. Don’t miss the small blessings. Inspirations and ideas will come. Answers will appear. WRIE IT DOWN. Don’t miss the good- GIVE THANKS!
P*M*A
POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE
TOLD YOU ! DR. Jack touches upon EVERYTHING! The man is a GENIUS!
Did you know …
TUNA have no eyelids…Therefore all they do is swim. This means they are ALWAYS MOVING, Always moving means less body fat on them… TUNA are a VERY lean fish!
Long term intensity training can lead to decrease in the strength of muscles; ligaments, skin, bones and endurance.
NO RECOVERY = BROKEN DOWN BODY!
Giving 100% during your workout = faster SUCCESS! You’ll get stronger FASTER!
Giving 100% during your workout = faster SUCCESS! You’ll get stronger FASTER!
You should stay within your energy zone (fuel time) of 50 minutes for workouts unless you’re doing just legs, which 60 minutes is OK.
Maximum strength- 1-7 reps
Power- 6-12 reps
Bodybuilding (hypertrophy) 6-12 reps
Muscular endurance- 12-15 reps…..
(Size can be created over time)
Bring up your weak areas but keep strong areas STRONG!
REST DAYS ARE GROWTH DAYS! Enjoy your rest days!
Caffeine after 2pm or any caffeine and your body does not go into REM (deep sleep)
BE HERE NOW!
LACTIC ACID: is a fuel and a GOOD ONE! Lactic acid feels like your running under water moving slowly, and you have sloppy form. Lactic Acid is fuel for runners. 90 minutes of running, lactic acid turns to glucose, which gets you to the finish line! :O)
***Did you know KELLOGS was the company that came up with the four food group pyramid in 1909!!!!! WOW! I didn’t know that!
***Higher fibers diets release energy all day!
***Did you know Ab Lincoln’s son died of Typhoid Fever from drinking water?
Here are some anti-aging tips:
1. Have a GREAT Doctor
2. NEVER SMOKE!
3. FLOSS your TEETH!
***The oldest people on earth live in Okinawa
***Plastic Surgery clients who workout and live healthy lifestyles BEFORE their surgery recover faster.
***Want a great diet? MEDITERRANEAN DIET. MORE FISH LESS MEAT, VEGGIES and EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL!
***WOW! Olive oil attacks colon cancer cells! I NEVER KNEW THAT!
***Spinach, yams and blueberries all help prevent heart disease!
***BELL PEPPERS have more vitamin C than an ORANGE! WOW!
***Have a KIWI! VITAMIN C!
***OH BOY, how about this! In the 1960’s, dogs were fed Salmon! OMG! Can you believe it? Because people back then that it was too oily of a fish! HA! They weren’t aware of all the Omega-3 benefits and protein!
***Remember I told you about how Dr. Jack called Cortisol “SATAN’S COCKTAIL”? Well Satan’s cocktail can be suppressed by OMEGA-3 fatty’s -when are you going to start taking yours?
***6 grams of DARK chocolate lower blood pressure
**Lower insulin levels appear to limit damage to cellular DNA, a maker for effects of AGING! :O(
***The ingredients you should have in your creams and serums:
***Hyaluronic Acid, COQ!) Enzyme and Peptides and Retinoids…..all great for anti-aging! Go get em!
***Another way to look so great…7 hours of sleep a night…I love sleep!
And a few more things:
Instead of: Try:
Monkfish Catfish
Red Snapper Pink Snapper
***You should ONLY eat GRASS FED red meat, chicken and turkey.
***Your Tuna should be pole caught and caught off of US waters… You all know I told you about AMERICAN TUNA (CANNED)..It’s POLE CAUGHT! Go get it!
***BISON- BEST RED MEAT FOR YOU! Bison can run 40 MPH whereas Cows MOO!
***Bison have way more CREATINE and they can eat and digest Flax. COWS CAN NOT!
And there you have it… I mean I have a while notebook full of notes….PEOPLE, my hands hurt! I am off to bed!
ENJOY!
2 comments:
AWESOME stuff coming JUST when I needed a good RECHARGE!
BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dont stop girl...keep writing!
If only I was still in NYC....I could have met you there!
Have a great day chica!
Good stuff! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment