What a gorgeous weekend, wouldn't you say? Why it seems that once I get quiet with business and I am not that busy with nutrition clients, all at once I get NAILED with emails, phone calls, questions and emails! Must be that time of year? hmmmm..... People looking to make changes in their diets and workouts. I am not complaining, as a matter of fact I love being so busy! It keeps my brain working hard and I also LOVE to help anyone I can.As you know I am a Vegan now for one year and 1 month, basically because I had so many allergies to certain foods. HOW DID I KNOW I WAS ALLERGIC? I went to a GREAT doctor who drew blood and tested me. THose who know me know all I do is read read read to educate myself an my clients.
The more I read the more I learned what REALLY goes on with animals and how they get to our plates; growth hormones, antibiotics, crowded and filthy "living" conditions, barbaric treatment from human workers, etc. I began to feel so guilty for these more animals.,...I know I know, Don't think I am crazy. I know we have hunted animals for thousands of years for food....I won't get into it..
I can't speak for anyone else. I can only speak from my experience thus far, and I must tell you, I LOVE my energy, hair skin and nails. I love that I NEVER get bloated or so full all I want to do is plop myslef on a couch and sleep!
I find it so much fun to get creative with ingredients to fins my proper protions of protein, carbs and fats! I love that I don't have to count calories or watch what I eat- Who has to watch how many veggies they eat in a day! HA! I eat SO MUCH salad, veggies and YES, fruit too!
As for grains, I stick to quinoa, Ezekiel toast & wraps and sometimes I indulge in brown rice pasta! YUM! I make lots of soups as you know, since I share the recipes with you.
If you are thinking of becoming a Vegan or a Vegetarian to start...Check out these books...
- The Kind Diet- Alicia Silverstone
- The Veluptious Vegan- Myra Kornfeld
- This Crazy Vegan Life- Christina Pirello
- Thrive- Brendan Brazier
- Prevent & Reverse Heart Disease- Caldwell B. Esselstyn
No comments:
Post a Comment