Total Pageviews

Monday, March 5, 2012

HELLO MONDAY!

WHOAH! The weekend flew by, huh? I realized last night as I was skimming my calendar for the week that um, yea, my race is NEXT Sunday! OMG! I am getting excited but nervous too. 


I have to say, so far 2012 has been a great year for me. My running technique has gotten so much better, My physical strength is incredible, and my mental and emotional strength are both great. I am really in a good place in my life. It's been a while since I have been able to say that. 


I give OUR LORD MOST of the credit. He really does listen. He has been the light on my back and the light in my heart that shines brighter each day.


I am going to put that HORRIBLE run I did on Saturday behind me! Turns out Raha had a bad run too in Miami. I think we both really need each other to rock our long runs! :O) We talked today and on Friday we decided to hop on the train and do our 11 mile run in Central Park. We are going to do the course of our race- minus 2.1 miles. I figured we would walk the rest just so we know what to expect. We both have our outfits ready, and now I just need to make sure we do the right thing a few days before the race. I feel responsible for both Shannon and Raha and myself while training for this race, eating for this race and being MOST PREPARED! Us three are going to be JUST fine. I can feel it in my bones that come the day of our adventure, we are going to run like no others and finish and walk with our heads high!







Today Raha and I ran 5 miles. IT SUCKED! I really hate running inside, but since we both have other things that need attention in our lives, we kinda have to run, workout, stretch all in one workout.














My STATS for today:

  • Time: 46:40
  • Calories: 445
  • Heart rate: 135-177

Our circuit: 2 exercises SuperSet

#1:
  • Side plank- feet elevated 
  • kbell deadlifts
#2:

  • Suitcases with 8 & 10lb ball
  • push ups
#3:
  • decline crunches holding a plate
  • deadliest with a barbell

Check out THIS Recipe! I will post pics LATER!


No Bake Protein Bars... 



I found in Oxygen Mag. You will see MY changes...as always I make the recipes EVEN CLEANER! You can do mine or the one from Oxygen, either way they are GREAT!



Ingredients:
  • 1 cup dates
  • 1/4 cup water 
  • 1/4 cup natural peanut butter, smooth or crunchy (I will use Almond Butter)
  • 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds (2 tbsp whole) (I will use 2 tbsp CHIA)
  • 1 cup whey protein powder (I will use Beverly International Chocolate- Muscle Provider)
  • 1/8 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
  • 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts cereal, divided ( I will use Nature's Path Bran cereal)




Instructions:
  1. In a food processor, blend together dates and water.
  2. Add peanut butter and process until smooth. Add more water as needed.
  3. Add protein powder, flaxseeds and salt and process to combine thoroughly. Add apricot pieces and half of the Grape-Nuts. Pulse just enough to incorporate them into the mixture.
  4. Place a two-foot-long piece of wax paper in an eight-by-eight-inch dish, with half of the wax paper hanging over the edge. Pour mixture into dish. Use the wax paper to press the mixture evenly in the pan. For best results, place in freezer for one hour to firm. Cut into eight pieces. Roll each piece in the remaining cereal to coat evenly. Wrap individually and refrigerate or freeze.

Nutrients per serving (Makes 8 servings):

 Calories: 209, Total Fats: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 1 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 79 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 25 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 16 g, Protein: 16 g, Iron: 2 mg



I have been working' on my PULL UPS! :O)










1 comment:

*ANA* said...

doesnt that recepie sound like a lara bar ?