Wow is it hard to come back to REAL LIFE after being lazy on a gorgeous beach for five days with PERFECT weather! I got home on Saturday and by Sunday afternoon, I had my journal FILLED with this weeks workouts and runs. I have two weeks before I have my surgery, so I want to be as intense as possible, and not miss a beat.
Raha has been having some knee issues, which no matter how hard you train the muscles around the knee, or how much you stretch or foam roll, eventually we all get some sort of injury. Running is INCREDIBLE and Raha and I are Runners for life, but it does take it’s toll on the body. We weren’t sure she would even be able to run on Monday, as I planned for a four mile run, BUT as I always say, My FIESTY little Iranian friend was too stubborn to NOT run.
For me, the run was a challenge, especially since I had done NOTING since the race and since I have not been taking my CREATINE. It felt as if my legs were bricks. But we both managed. Towards the end, I was running really fast, and sweat my ass off!
We headed over towards the weights and got right to work, but I could definitely tell that I lost some of the strength I had before my vaca. BASTARD!!!!
SO now I am torn between staying on the CREATINE and staying OFF the CREATINE. I am not definite of my goals right now. Some days I want to look teeny tiny and more on the SKINNY side, and then other days, I want to look lean, ripped and cut. I guess for now, I will just continue with my workouts and runs, stay off the CREATINE for a few more weeks, and see how I look and feel. I am weighing in between 112-113 these days… and am most happy around 109, as I feel 113 is the “DANGER ZONE”. That’s me, that’s my body, everyone has a number they like to be at. The only thing I don’t want is to lose muscle and sport the soft mushy look- THAT is GROSS. I’m not too hard and I am not soft, I definitely am very toned and athletic- just would like to be a bit smaller.
What are your goals? How do you get to where you want to be? For me, it’s all diet, consistency of meals, LOADS of water and extra sleep. My body is happiest when I train 6 days a week, but not every week. Most weeks I train 6 days and when I feel exhausted or weak, I take another day. As I always say; “LISTEN TO YOUR BODY.”
XO


No comments:
Post a Comment