I admit it! I am a creature of habit! In the fitness industry, things are changing everyday and there is ALWAYS some NEW "THING" coming out. Take for example Cross Fit! It's like a cult! Cross Fit is a different animal than what you NORMALLY see in the gym. People lift tires, climb ropes, use sledge hammers, lift up big round stones (or rocks). They even eat different than most- mainly eating a Paleo diet which is just seeds, meat and veggies with minimal fruit. I NEVER stepped foot in a Cross Fit studio, or have I done a Cross Fit workout. I can see why MEN would LOVE it and how they would benefit from it. I also see how some women would love it! I think it would be a GREAT way top relieve stress, blow off some steam and get super strong! A nice way to build one's self confidence and muscles! Is it my thing? No, but I don't knock it either.
How about the Viper workout at Equinox? Viper stands for Vitality, Performance and Reconditioning. It's used as an alternative to the classic weight training circuit that MOST of us use at the gym. The ViPR replaces dumb bells, bar bells, kettle bells, medicine balls and body bars, giving you a total body workout. It's a great way to become more efficient, cut back on injuries, and get you stronger. Have I done this workout yet? NOPE! I never even picked one up! I am just a girl who LOVES weights, bands, dumb bells, and my running sneakers! I love kettle bells and I like using them instead of dumb bells sometimes....I guess I was never really open to NEW things... because I don't get BORED with what I already use....
HOWEVER.... I am 40 years old now and realize that at a certain point, I am going to have to maybe tweak some things here and there. I am planning on running until, well...FOREVER, and I plan on working out forever, it's the INTENSITY of teh training 6-7 days a week that starts to take a toll on me. I can feel it in my joints, my energy levels, my moods and my sleep. So, I have been thinking of NEW ways to keep my body LEAN, SMALL, TIGHT and FIT.
I came across of really great Pilates videos on Youtube. I have some interest in incorporating pilates movements into my workouts. PILATES is a form of exercise, developed by Joseph Pilates, which emphasizes the balanced development of the body through core strength, flexibility, and awareness in order to support efficient, graceful movement. The MAIN reason I have been researching Pilates is because I train a PROFESSIONAL BALL ROOM DANCER. She is INCREDIBLY tall, lean, sculpted and fit. I always try to find NEW ways to get her MORE flexible, MORE graceful and STRONGER all at the same time. With BALL ROOM DANCING, you should NEVER be BULKY and TOO muscular. You need to have INCREDIBLE core strength, GLUTE strength and SUPER HIGH ENDURANCE. Before I do the session with her, I do it on myself, so I understand what it will feel like for her, and how her body will respond. SO far, She has been some really HUGE gains in working with me- which I am VERY proud of! So ANYWAY, I am on a quest now to find some GREAT pilates moves, and shoove them into my ALREADY JAM-PACKED workouts! HA! THAT's A NEW "SOMETHING" I am open to trying! I like the fact that it's graceful, and it lengthens you. I LOVE anything that makes me look TALLER!SO as I LEARN NEW things, I will share them with YOU, MY PEEPS!! Until then....KEEP running, KEEP training hard and HEAVY (YOU WON'T BULK) and EAT SUPER CLEAN!
XOXOOX
No comments:
Post a Comment