An incredible SUNNY and 85 degrees on this Friday afternoon and Mario & I are sitting on the plane headed back to New York. Since Monday, we have been soaking up the sun, taking many naps, walking from our room to the beach to lunch and back to the beach- you catch my drift. A few times, some light bulbs have gone off in my head ( I KNOW, I KNOW, I should NOT be thinking about work, but...I LOVE MY WORK)....
I really lived it up on vacation (no seriously!) For starters, when do I EVER eat tortilla chips? How about white wraps? Um, let’s see, how about sweet potato fries (deep fried), and well, bread? YEP! Oh and the kicker, at dinner one night I decided to suck down three Proseccos (oh yea baby). I was not drunk, I was HAMMERED! I ate sorbet, and I also had MOCHI wrapped around ice cream (I think it was ice cream). Guess what I noticed. My stomach was completely ripped: I looked like I had been starving, my belly was so flat! I didn’t get bloated once, didn’t get ANY belly aches nor did I have gas! I was feeling great these past five days. My biggest meal each day was breakfast. We would wake up and I would be FAMISHED. I would start off with fresh fruit juice; one day it was honeydew melon juice (intoxicating) and another day was pineapple and papaya (got my senses flowing). I had maybe two or three plates of fresh cut fruit consisting of; mango, watermelon, tons of fresh blueberries, kiwi (annoying to get the little seeds in your teeth). Next came my oats. Okay so they weren’t steel cut, but they were still amazing. Instead of a big bowl, I hd a small cup full. I loaded it up with raw pecans (TONS EVERYDAY), brown sugar for some sweetness and many golden raisins. I sipped on Illy’s coffee with some steamed soy and was so happy each day. Breakfast was also the longest meal of the day. We would sit, people watch, read the paper and just chat it up. I finally got my husbands undivided attention! That’s my favorite part of vacation!
Another light bulb went off and that was that we ONLY ate breakfast, lunch and dinner with the occasional mid afternoon snack which was more fruit.
I wasn’t starving nor did I CRAVE anything. I was satiated happy and content. Could it be because I wasn’t working out that I was NOT starving all day? Could it be because of all the great nuts I was eating? Maybe it was because we layed in the sun, and the sun curbs my appetite. All I DO know is that I was taking mental notes so that when I get home, I can continue on this glorious feeling going inside my body, mind and belly!
The loo and I became best friends.
I mean I am great at home too, but for some reason, every morning after breakfast, it was as if I was detoxing and my body and much stuff to get rid of. Didn’t bother me, I was so happy. I felt LIGHT, LEAN and TEENY TINY!
I drank water almost all day. It was DELICIOUS! There were water canisters all through out the hotel and on the beach. They were filled with fresh fruit which made it more appealing to me. I usually HATE water, but THIS was refreshing. It’s been said that if you pee every hour, you aren’t dehydrated, and guess who was peeing every hour! YUP! ME!
While at the airport heading to the Grand Cayman’s, I picked up the book “SKINNY BITCH”. I just happened to read the back, and thought it would keep me occupied while flying. I didn’t think for a minute I would be cracking up, getting an education and some really useful information regarding a healthy lifestyle. I always KNEW why I became Vegan and that my reasons were MY reasons only. What I didn’t know was what a FREAKING SCAM our GOVERNMENT is! THE USDA is a HUGE SCAM, and as the book says, “TRUST NO ONE”. This book is a REAL eye opener. It really has NOTHING to do with being “SKINNY” or being a “BITCH”. The title is GREAT, and the two writers add a twist of dry sarcasm to get their point across, besides, FOR ME to read a WHOLE book and nit get fidgety or bored, there HAS to be some humor and CUSE words in there! The word (excuse my French) “PUSSY” is in there, and once you just pick up the book and look at how classy and beautiful the two women who wrote the book are, you really crack up! This book is a MUST read! If you DO in fact want to lose weight and KNOW MORE about where your food comes form, grab this book, plop your ass on the couch, on a lawn chair, or at your table with a cup of green tea or a bowl of fruit, and get ready for some out loud laughing, some inside belly turning anger and get ready to go food shopping for some really incredible foods!
After reading some of the book to Mario outloud, we both agreed it was the RIGHT TIME for the VITAMIX! Yippie! FINALLY! I can make my juices, my soups and any other recipes I want! More importantly, Another thing I noticed was that as RIPPED and LEAN as my husband is, his belly always looks like he is bloated. He has abs, but his stomach sort of sticks out too much. Within 24 hours of Mario being on vacation, his stomach was completely FLAT and he was ROCKING an 8 pack! I have been telling him for so long that all the protein he takes in daily between egg whites, protein powder, steak, chicken, turkey and fish, he is stressing out his digestive system and intaking too many grams per sitting. When he finally saw his abs, he told me I was right. He was ready to make some changes. I am so happy; NOT about being right, but about Mario trusting in me to help him make the right choices for a HEALTHIER body. We BOTH are going to CREATE a new plan for him and for me, one that suits our lifestyle, and is MORE concious of our Earth, animals and environment.
This will consist of daily juicing in the morning and NO more coffee (slowly taking out the coffee). No more chemical infused protein powders, but introducing VEGAN protein powders only (for Mario, since I already do that). Taking out the GREEK Yogurt- What!?!? It comes form a cows saggy boobs! YEP take out that creamy ass chemical bullshit My husband doesn’t NEED it and NEITHER do you. WE will start consuming different fruits and veggies and try to break away from the norm. Same goes for nuts. Yea, walnuts are incredible, but so are raw pecans, hazel nuts and Brazil nuts.
And about our vacation....
We traveled to the Grand Cayman's. As soon as I stepped off the plane (wearing a juicy terry cloth zip up and Juicy track pants) I ripped off my jacket because it was about 85 degrees, humid and the sun was super HOT! AHHHHHH... Relax time!
Hope you enjoy our pics!


No comments:
Post a Comment