Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Diary of a Fit Green Goddess


Diary of a FIT GREEN GODDESS


I have gotten so many WEIRD comments on how I achieved my abs, and overall physique. Some women and guys too watch me doing crazy pull ups, then dropping to do pushups, then jumping on the treadmill for a 2 minute all out sprint, and wonder to themselves and sometimes to my face: "What do you eat? How do you workout like that for such a tiny girl." For one, I eat WAY more than 3 meals a day. Everytime I go into my kitchen, I am looking to stuff something in my face! Trust me, I could be leaner, if I could lose some of the complex un-necessary carbs during the day.  One reason I may be leaner than a woman my age who works out like me, is that I don't drink all the alcohol that that most women these days drink. I don't eat dairy (6 years) and so I don't have ice cream. I also don't treat myself to bad foods because I think I should be rewarded for my hard work in the gym. I reward myself with the most AMAZING nutrients Mother Nature has given all of us. I treat myself by buying something HOT to wear that will "WOW" my husband. That's me.

Let me just have you visualize a day in my life...
Day 1
6:00am:"I wake up from my internal alarm clock. It SCREAMS "FEED ME". So as soon as I open my eyes, I pee, then I weigh in (BAD HABIT), and I chug coconut water to swallow my supps. I make my breakfast which lately has been a CRAVING: steel cut gluten free oats, blueberries (organic of course), a scoop of my FAVORITE protein powder by Beverly International, and a new yummy: Walnut butter. This hits the spot for me for the next 4-5 hours of me training my clients. 
9:30am:I prepare my body for the torture it's about to endure. I guzzle some protein powder with either water or almond milk and by 10:30 I am on the road to go kick my own ass!
10:35am:I am in the locker room at Equinox in Greenwich CT (MY FAV) and I am prepping my water bottle with BCAA's and Glutamine. If I am prepping for a race, I will have Creatine instead.
1:00pm:As soon as I am done working out, I FLY home to make my Fit Green Goddess Smoothie filled with Maca, Green Vibrance, Bee pollen, Chia, almond milk or water along with Vega Recovery protein and either pineapple and strawberries or just a banana.
4:00pm:This is when the Devil pops his little head on my neck! He wants sweets, and I want something healthy that will NOT SABOTAGE all my hard work in the gym! Lately I have been on this Arctic Freeze Whey ice cream kick (no milk or yogurt sugar or lactose!! A whole pint is 150 calories! I end up having half a cup. I am good until dinner! From this time, I am glued to my desk working on emails, meal plans, workouts blog posts recipes and more! This lasts until about 6:30.
6:30pm: I turn into Mrs. Guaglianone the chef! I love every second of it! There is NOTHING like a home cooked meal EVERYNIGHT on the table for my family. Food is the way to MOST people's hearts, right? So in my house I have to prepare three different meals each night. Mine which is MOSTLY vegan, Mario's which has a seving or two of the leanest protein and whatever veggies I am eating, and for Tyler, it's whatever I can FRY, SAUTE, or make into a FATTENING food! LOL! KIDS!
7:30pm: Mario walks in the door and he is served his dinner. We eat together EVERYNIGHT. I wouldn't have it any other way! We fight over what we are going to watch on TV while we eat (it's really the only TV time). I want Entertainment tonight and Mario wants CNBC or some damn news channel. I always get my way. :O)

8:00pm: Mario oves to do the dishes. He says it's his time to spend with me and catch up on our days together. Since June, our schedules are different. We work together EVERYDAY, but in the summer, only two days a week, so we actually get to MISS each other.

9:00pm: We both have toothpicks in our eyelids to stay awake, so instead of fighting it, we pop some ZMA, brush our teeth, put on some moisturizer, and hit the sheets! ZZZZZZZZZ.

This is my life. EVERYDAY. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Some say I am missing out on "LIFE". I SAY, I have an INCREDIBLE life. EVERYTHING I do - I do because it makes me HAPPY. Living the life of a Fit Green Goddess means I will live a LONG HEALTHY VIBRANT Happy life.


No comments: