Total Pageviews

Friday, August 31, 2012

End of the summer, Start Labor Day weekend Smoothie

 Can't believe it's ending, where does the time go? It seems as if JUST YESTERDAY, I was bundled up in my winter running gear mentally preparing for a 9 mile run in 34 degree weather..... and in the blink of an eye, we are ALMOST there again! So, while today was 90 degrees and GORGEOUS, I HAD to buy some melon and get in the kitchen to make a luscious Labor Day Smoothie. I am going to drink this as Mario and I drive out to South Hampton to our favorite beach for one last hor-ah! It's going to be so beautiful! 
Watermelon: protects you against skin cancer!

Cut a baby watermelon in half. cut off the skin and add to your vitamix
Bananas: potassium rich and stops depression
Add a banana



Honey dew melon: antioxidants up the wa-zoo!
Add 1/2 a honeydew melon after you cut off the skin

Vega- 100% plant based protein powder
Add one packet of Vega Vanilla Protein

half watermelon & half honeydew melon: in the vitaminx
Add to your cup, glass or container to go


What was left after I put the smoothie in two containers for tomorrow
If there is any left, drink it up!


No comments: