After being in the FITNESS INDUSTRY for 20+ years, the one thing I learned is that People want results YESTERDAY! Everyone wants it to be quick. Most people don't like to work hard. If they could buy a pill to lose fat, they would NEVER step foot in a gym again! That to me is sad... If they only knew.....
Another sad thing is that those diet pill commercials and the shelves of diet and fat aids you see in the stores trick you to believe they WORK, and that all you need to do is pop a pill.. Same thing with the cellulite creams. Rub some on your chunky tush and thighs and watch the cottage cheese disappear! NOT SO FAST SISTER!!!!!!
YOU HAVE GOT TO TAKE CONTROL of what you put in your mouth and tell your brain to tell your muscles to grab those sneakers and get your tush to the gym, to the track, or to the streets! Allow me to give you some links to the fat loss chain... Now these have worked for me as well as my clients, so take what you want from here.... I'm only offering SOME knowledge here
- Start your day with a warm cup of water with freshly squeezed lemon in it- This will help to scrub the lining of your intestines like a Brillo Pad on your toughest greasiest pots (if you cook).
- (no brainer)- Stop buying and eating the refined carbs. Stop having simple sugars. While you're at it, anything that has FAKE sugars and Partially Hydrogenated Oils in the ingredients are to be KEPT ON THE SHELVES in the food Store! SAVE YOUR MONEY!
- If you don't like Gyms, then buy the P90X! It works, and Tony Horton has a MAGNETIC personality! He will make you WANT to sweat your ass off!
- DO at least 45-60 minutes of some sort of exercise a day... THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE walking like a snail around the block! Move your ass girl! Put a playlist on your Iphone. A playlist that will motivate you, make you move faster even DANCE if you want to! NO SAPPY LOVE SONGS!
- WATER, WATER, WATER! .55 x's (your body weight) = How much water to drink each day in ounces.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids! YES! THEY HELP YOU BURN FAT!
- Eat 3-4 meals a day and include a snack if you need one. Breakfast is a VERY important way for you to start the day! Dinner should be your LEAST filling meal....
Although I could KEEP on going, I think you get the hint here....The other trick here Goddess-es is that all of these tip are synergistic- You can't randomly start one without the other.
So, Mix some effort, with some DRIVE and motivation, and a little positive thinking and you can be on your way towards being a healthier more fit- YOU!
There ARE NO SHORT CUTS!
If you are new to my blog, and just started surfing around, You may notice that I am a REAL SERGEANT when it comes to nutrition. I truly believe that what you eat is 90% of your success in achieving the body you want to live in. You will also learn, after fishing around my interesting and fun blog that for almost 3 years I was a VEGAN. I mean SUPER VEGAN. I was incredibly lean (almost too lean). I stuffed my face with every veggie Mother Nature created, as well as beans and fruits.
But then I felt sick... Read the experience that drove me to wise up and eat (SOME) not all animal again. The biggest fear I had leaving Vegan-ism behind was that I would lose my abs, I would get fat and gross, and I would NEVER again be the FIT GREEN GODDESS!
Now looking back, there were so many things I didn't realize. Glad I am a motivated self learner and caught on quick after that cardiologist appointment! All the while, I have been able to maintain my abs, my weight, the physique I always worked so hard on. My physique is a HUGE way I make an income! Yep! It is... so for me going to the gym is MORE than just going to the gym, I need to keep working out and busting my ass, because I am my own advertisement. Who wants to listen to a chubby trainer?? Sorry, but at the end of the day, I could care less about how much MORE a trainer knows than me, If that trainer is FAT or out of shape or looks like they sucked down way too many drinks.... Well Guess who will get the client??? YUP! ME!
Being a vegan, basically, I ate plants, beans, pseudo-grains and nuts. In order for me to ever get full, I had to suck down LOTS AND LOTS of these foods. YES. They all have protein. But guess what I had more of floating around my body and in my muscles? CARBS and LOTS of 'em! I had them in the morning, before my workouts, after my workouts and anytime I was hungry. I never ate the bullshit carbs, as my body couldn't iterator them anyway, but regardless...a carb is a carb is a carb.
When you have lots of carbs floating around in your body- they make for a GREAT workout- that's a fact! You get that "pump" that you hear people talking about. The issue is that you don't burn fat that way. Let's face Pretty face, I don't go to the gym to get a pump, I go to the gym to keep the fat off my ass!
Those nights when you didn't feel like cooking and decided to order a few pies for the family... yep, lots of carbs. You eat the pizza and think heavenly thoughts because of course, what's better than pizza? Then, you feel bloated, your muffin top pops out and you are filled with sodium, CARBS and some fat, oh and a little guilt! Have no fear- Get up the next morning, and get your ass to the streets or the treadmill for a 60 minute run or 6 miles, whichever comes first- This is a good way to sweat out the sodium, and burn off those carbs so you can start losing body fat. Maybe later on that day if you have time do some push-ups, pull ups abs and dips! I have the perfect pull up bar, and let me tell you- I use it more than my 18 year old son and my husband!
This video was 7 months ago, as now I am up to almost 10 pull ups.... and dips, well I do those like the bog boys and now pump out 11!
Now, what about us Runners who need carbs for fuel? Umm, I am no marathon runner, so there will be no Fit Green Goddess running 26.2 miles to the finish line! Hell no! I am a fan of the half marathons and to be quite honest? I have my BEST runs, when I am carb depleted. I never believed in the "CARB UP" rule where you need to stuff your face with pasta and cereal and simple carbs for energy. I can't run with all that crap floating around in my gut! I would crap my brains out!!! SO for me, I keep it simple. Sometimes I run on an empty stomach and others I wait about 3 hours after I ate to run.
Understand, I DO NOT diet. I live a lifestyle that many can't- simply put. The way I eat works for me. It may NOT for you. so the tips I give you, maybe just absorb them and figure out what your REAL goal is. If you are dieting, know that you are restricting your carbs (you should be anyway). In that case, your cardio sessions should be done in a strategic fashion. I tell clients and friends, when dieting, cardio turns from LONG BORING 1 hour sessions on stupid cardio machines to HIIT cardio sessions which get you in the gym and out of the gym in less than 30 minutes!
So after being a Vegan for long, I slowly introduced certain proteins back in my diet. I am VERY picky and get GROSSED OUT super easy;
My protein list:
*Pastured eggs, Omega-3 eggs, Ethical eggs
*Grass fed- buffalo or Bison
*Wild Tuna
*Halibut
*Mussels
*Any white flaky local fish
My Carb list:
*Steel cut oats
*Black Rice
*yams or sweet potatoes
*Squash- Butternut, acorn and spaghetti squash
Veggies:
* ALL veggies except for White potatoes, brussel sprouts, tomatoes (except on Sundays), eggplants (except once a month) and peppers (all colors)
Fruits:
* I love all fruits and try to eat whats local and IN SEASON.
Now, Since I am the reading book- NERD on nutrition and fitness lately... and let me start by saying NOT reading magazines, but actual SCIENTIFIC studies, I am switching some things up in my day and diet...
Let's call it an experiment What's good is that I will be getting a complete blood panel done in two weeks. How fun for me, because I will get my blood panel from when I was a vegan and compare it to now and see how it reads. I'm curious about my cortisol, my blood-sugar levels and cholesterol.
Tuesday is a running day, and I am going to maintain the five meals, but switch things up:
Meal one: 6:45 am
*1.5 scoops protein
1 cup water
3 cups raw baby kale
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 banana
Meal two: 9:00am- Going to TRY not to have anything
Get to the gym to run around 10:30-11:00. I will be sipping my Glutamine Select from beverly International to kick those hunger pangs in the tush!
Meal three: 2:00 pm (1 hour after I got home from the gym)
* 2 scoops protein
1 cup water
3 cups baby spinach
1 tbsp. coconut oil
Meal four: snack 4:30 pm
*Pumpkin protein pancakes
I will make enough for 3 pancakes (see recipe below)
Meal five: dinner 7:00
*fresh turkey breast off the bird
spaghetti squash
olive oil & seasonings
See what I am doing for myself? I created a meal plan for ME that allows for a calorie deficit. It's also a carb deficit, if you compare the old plan to the new. I don't want to starve ( I am trying to get pregnant), and I DO enjoy eating. If you decide to create something like this for yourself, remember, to NOT torture yourself with taking out TOO many calories, and eat foods you like that are NOT on the "GET FAT" list!
Stay tuned for Wednesday through Sunday. I will update you each day.
**Pumpkin Protein Pancakes-
The low-carb way.. it's so simple and so delicious!
Whip it up until blended well. Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to frying pan over medium heat. I like the pancakes big so I make 3 big ones, if you like them small it should makes 6 small.
But then I felt sick... Read the experience that drove me to wise up and eat (SOME) not all animal again. The biggest fear I had leaving Vegan-ism behind was that I would lose my abs, I would get fat and gross, and I would NEVER again be the FIT GREEN GODDESS!
How wrong was I?
Now looking back, there were so many things I didn't realize. Glad I am a motivated self learner and caught on quick after that cardiologist appointment! All the while, I have been able to maintain my abs, my weight, the physique I always worked so hard on. My physique is a HUGE way I make an income! Yep! It is... so for me going to the gym is MORE than just going to the gym, I need to keep working out and busting my ass, because I am my own advertisement. Who wants to listen to a chubby trainer?? Sorry, but at the end of the day, I could care less about how much MORE a trainer knows than me, If that trainer is FAT or out of shape or looks like they sucked down way too many drinks.... Well Guess who will get the client??? YUP! ME!
Let me remind you that starving or skipping meals is not only a STUPID DUMB thing to do, but also a great way to shut down your metabolism and MAKE YOU FAT!
Being a vegan, basically, I ate plants, beans, pseudo-grains and nuts. In order for me to ever get full, I had to suck down LOTS AND LOTS of these foods. YES. They all have protein. But guess what I had more of floating around my body and in my muscles? CARBS and LOTS of 'em! I had them in the morning, before my workouts, after my workouts and anytime I was hungry. I never ate the bullshit carbs, as my body couldn't iterator them anyway, but regardless...a carb is a carb is a carb.
When you have lots of carbs floating around in your body- they make for a GREAT workout- that's a fact! You get that "pump" that you hear people talking about. The issue is that you don't burn fat that way. Let's face Pretty face, I don't go to the gym to get a pump, I go to the gym to keep the fat off my ass!
Those nights when you didn't feel like cooking and decided to order a few pies for the family... yep, lots of carbs. You eat the pizza and think heavenly thoughts because of course, what's better than pizza? Then, you feel bloated, your muffin top pops out and you are filled with sodium, CARBS and some fat, oh and a little guilt! Have no fear- Get up the next morning, and get your ass to the streets or the treadmill for a 60 minute run or 6 miles, whichever comes first- This is a good way to sweat out the sodium, and burn off those carbs so you can start losing body fat. Maybe later on that day if you have time do some push-ups, pull ups abs and dips! I have the perfect pull up bar, and let me tell you- I use it more than my 18 year old son and my husband!
This video was 7 months ago, as now I am up to almost 10 pull ups.... and dips, well I do those like the bog boys and now pump out 11!
Now, what about us Runners who need carbs for fuel? Umm, I am no marathon runner, so there will be no Fit Green Goddess running 26.2 miles to the finish line! Hell no! I am a fan of the half marathons and to be quite honest? I have my BEST runs, when I am carb depleted. I never believed in the "CARB UP" rule where you need to stuff your face with pasta and cereal and simple carbs for energy. I can't run with all that crap floating around in my gut! I would crap my brains out!!! SO for me, I keep it simple. Sometimes I run on an empty stomach and others I wait about 3 hours after I ate to run.
Understand, I DO NOT diet. I live a lifestyle that many can't- simply put. The way I eat works for me. It may NOT for you. so the tips I give you, maybe just absorb them and figure out what your REAL goal is. If you are dieting, know that you are restricting your carbs (you should be anyway). In that case, your cardio sessions should be done in a strategic fashion. I tell clients and friends, when dieting, cardio turns from LONG BORING 1 hour sessions on stupid cardio machines to HIIT cardio sessions which get you in the gym and out of the gym in less than 30 minutes!
So after being a Vegan for long, I slowly introduced certain proteins back in my diet. I am VERY picky and get GROSSED OUT super easy;
My protein list:
*Pastured eggs, Omega-3 eggs, Ethical eggs
*Grass fed- buffalo or Bison
*Wild Tuna
*Halibut
*Mussels
*Any white flaky local fish
My Carb list:
*Steel cut oats
*Black Rice
*yams or sweet potatoes
*Squash- Butternut, acorn and spaghetti squash
Veggies:
* ALL veggies except for White potatoes, brussel sprouts, tomatoes (except on Sundays), eggplants (except once a month) and peppers (all colors)
Fruits:
* I love all fruits and try to eat whats local and IN SEASON.
Now, Since I am the reading book- NERD on nutrition and fitness lately... and let me start by saying NOT reading magazines, but actual SCIENTIFIC studies, I am switching some things up in my day and diet...
Let's call it an experiment What's good is that I will be getting a complete blood panel done in two weeks. How fun for me, because I will get my blood panel from when I was a vegan and compare it to now and see how it reads. I'm curious about my cortisol, my blood-sugar levels and cholesterol.
Let's take a look at my OLD strategy or way of eating
Meal One:
*1/2 cup steel cut oats, 1 scoop protein, 1 cup blueberries
or
* 2 slices Ezekiel toast, 1-2 bananas and 1 tbsp almond butter
Meal Two: (1 hour before workout)
* Lara bar
or
*Kind bar
or
*fruit and 20 raw almonds
Meal Three: POST workout- IMMEDIATELY or within 20 minutes of running or training
*1 scoop protein (low carb), almond milk, cherries, bee pollen, maca and chia
or
* 5 egg whites, 2 brown rice rice cakes & 1/2 avocado
Meal Four: SNACK time around 4:30-5:00
* Vegan chocolate chips, goji berries & pistachios with green tea
or
* 2 brown rice rice cakes with almond butter and pumpkin
Meal Five: Dinner
choice of: veggie burger, ground buffalo, egg whites, tuna, or fresh turkey off the bird
With choice of: salad, squash, veggies sauteed in olive oil, or soup
With: Mary's gone crackers or brown rice pasta or yam
Meal six: Snack time!
*some concoction of: egg whites, pumpkin and protein made into pancakes
or
*Vegan chips with goji berries and nuts
WOW! You would think I was running half marathons everyday with all of that food. I weigh in at 112.4. My weight fluctuates between 112.4 and 115. I know when I had way too many carbs in a meal when I wake up and I am 115. Is it fat? NO, because I work my ass off in the gym, and by the time I get home I am 112.4 again, HOWEVER, The key is to be consistent. I also know when I have eaten enough to fuel my workouts and days, because I will get up and my abs will completely be ripped and the scale is NOT screaming at me. Carbs hold lots of water but also cause you to get fat!
Here is my NEW strategy: This is for Monday (today) to see how I feel. SO far, it's been ok. I am hungry, but I am NOT starving and I'm NOT going to die without food! It's ok to keep your belly a little hungry. Gives your digestion system a break!
woke and weighed in at 112.4
Meal one: 6:15 am
*1.5 scoops protein
1 cup water
3 cups raw baby kale
1 banana
1 tbsp almond butter
Meal two: 9:00am1 hour before workout
* a small plum
Meal three: 1:15 pm (1 hour after I got home from the gym)
* 1.5 scoops protein
1 cup water
3 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup frozen cherries
3 tbsp. raw oats
Meal four: snack 4:30 pm
*3 hard boiled eggs (eat only two yellow)
1.5 tbsp hummus
Meal five: dinner 7:00
*small baked yam
4 oz Tuna
mixed green salad
Meal one: 6:45 am
*1.5 scoops protein
1 cup water
3 cups raw baby kale
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 banana
Meal two: 9:00am- Going to TRY not to have anything
Get to the gym to run around 10:30-11:00. I will be sipping my Glutamine Select from beverly International to kick those hunger pangs in the tush!
Meal three: 2:00 pm (1 hour after I got home from the gym)
* 2 scoops protein
1 cup water
3 cups baby spinach
1 tbsp. coconut oil
Meal four: snack 4:30 pm
*Pumpkin protein pancakes
I will make enough for 3 pancakes (see recipe below)
Meal five: dinner 7:00
*fresh turkey breast off the bird
spaghetti squash
olive oil & seasonings
See what I am doing for myself? I created a meal plan for ME that allows for a calorie deficit. It's also a carb deficit, if you compare the old plan to the new. I don't want to starve ( I am trying to get pregnant), and I DO enjoy eating. If you decide to create something like this for yourself, remember, to NOT torture yourself with taking out TOO many calories, and eat foods you like that are NOT on the "GET FAT" list!
Stay tuned for Wednesday through Sunday. I will update you each day.
**Pumpkin Protein Pancakes-
The low-carb way.. it's so simple and so delicious!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- 1/2 cup organic canned pumpkin
- pumpkin spice
- stevia packet (2)
Whip it up until blended well. Add 1 tbsp coconut oil to frying pan over medium heat. I like the pancakes big so I make 3 big ones, if you like them small it should makes 6 small.
No comments:
Post a Comment