Total Pageviews

Monday, October 8, 2012

In my Kitchen

My Paleo Cereal                       
So here it is! This was before I cooked it last night. But this was my breakfast this morning along with my coconut milk. Oh my!
It was so amazing! I am sharing with you some really great recipes today! I will also share some changes I will make NEXT time I make this.... VERY soon! PS. This recipe is enough to eat for 3 days, or 1 breakfast and two snacks, or 2 breakfasts and 1 snack, whatever you choose.... REMEMBER, although it's healthy, there are lots of fats from nuts, so DO NOT have more than 1 cup in a serving! :O)


Paleo Cereal
  •                  1 cup sunflower seeds
  •                  1 cup coconut flakes
  •                  1 cup walnut pieces
  •                  ¼  cup dried unsweetened cherries, chopped
  •                  2 Tbsp. raw almond butter
  •                  ¼  cup raw honey
  •                  ¼  cup coconut flour
  •                  coconut oil, enough to grease the pan

a.     Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a pan with coconut oil.
b.    Place ingredients in a bowl and mix until blended well.  Press mixture evenly into pan.  Bake for 15-20 minutes until browned.  Let cool for 30 minutes.  Crumble into an airtight container until ready to serve. 
Directions: pour 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk over the cereal. 

So I think I am going to make some changes to this recipe: Here is what I am going to do next time:

  •        3 egg whites- beaten
  •        1 cup pumpkin seeds
  •                  1 cup coconut flakes
  •                  1 cup almond pieces
  •                 1/2   cup dried unsweetened cranberries, chopped
  •         2 Tbsp. raw almond butter
  •                  ¼  cup raw honey
  •                  ¼  cup coconut flour
  •                  coconut oil, enough to grease the pan
     I will follow the same directions above and see how it turns out. When I ate it  this morning, I was happy I was at work, because I would have eaten the whole recipe. I found this on one of the thousands of Paleo websites I have been on.





fit Green Goddess Salad





        

 Kale & Buffalo Meatballs

 

                                   
Kale Meatballs
   
  •            1 bunch kale, tough stems removed and chopped    
  •                ½  red onion, finely diced
  •                fresh parsley
  •               garlic
  •                Sea salt &black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees,.

 mix all ingredients together by hand and form into
meatballs. Place on a baking sheet in a nice couple of rows. Cook for 10 minutes. Turn the  balls over and cook for 5 more minutes. Scoop them off the baking sheet and add to your sauce. Simmer on super low heat because buffalo hardly has any fat. It cooks faster! SUPER LOW HEAT!


Here is the NEW cut! Oh and yes, The Goddess is now a RED HEAD! 


                                               





No comments: