Total Pageviews

Monday, October 4, 2010

Date night leaving me bloated and in pain!

I love date night with my husband! After 8 years, I still look forward to dressing up, putting on perfume and looking my best for him. Mario came home from work so tired, and plopped his butt on t he couch while I was primping in the bathroom. I almost gave in, and said we would stay home, but I know how important it is to a marriage to keep things alive and fun! I told him to rest on the couch and relax until we leave. I also reminded him how important it is for us. SO he smiled and we ended up going to one of our favorite spots!

Harvest on The Hudson is so romantic, beautiful and the food is great! The problem is I over ate! Still this morning I am feeling bloated and sluggish! It's amazing how food makes you feel the next day! I ordered Tomato, cucumber and Eggplant salad, a pizza made with NO sauce, no cheese, and topped with arugula salad. I also had a soup that was brothy and made of butternut squash, potatoes (which I avoided) and zucchini. SO yummy...I also had a glass of Prosecco. Although everything was delicious I am feeling it this morning! I did have way  too many white carbs, which I NEVER eat.

I got on the scale this morning and wasn't happy with that either.
Instead of my normal breakfast this morning, I had a Green Goddess Shake instead. I have a feeling I need to switch to the shakes for a few days until my body settles again...

Lesson Learned: TO NOT OVEREAT, no matter what! I will remember this feeling! UGH!

Ever feel bloated? Bloating is when the abdominal area becomes swollen and increases in diameter. When you experiences bloating, you may feel  tightness in your belly and may experience a feeling of fullness. It can also cause pain.. When caused by accumulation of liquid in the abdominal cavity, it is medically referred to as ascites.


There are many possible causes for bloating. The most common cause is liquids and intestinal gases accumulating in the stomach. Overeating or eating foods one is allergic to can also cause bloating. Similarly, a person with lactose intolerance may experience bloating after ingesting diary products.

 Certain diseases and illnesses, such as irritable bowel syndrome & diverticulosis, may cause bloating. Menstruating women or those with ovarian cysts may experience bloating, as may those who are constipated or who have a partial obstruction of the bowels. Serious medical problems, such as intra-abdominal tumors and megacolon, can also cause bloating. It is important to consult with a doctor when bloating occurs for no apparent reason.



Since there are so many possible causes for bloating, remedies vary. Treating bloating generally requires treating the underlying cause. If the bloating is caused by constipation, for example, eating fruit can help loosen the stool. Exercising, drinking plenty of water, and consuming fiber can also help relieve constipation and, therefore, help treat bloating.


If gas is the cause of bloating, it can be helpful to take one to two tablets of betaine hydrochloric acid. In addition, carbonated water can encourage belching, which helps to eliminate gas and relieve bloating. Drinking chamomile tea can also be beneficial. Other helpful teas include fennel, ginger, and peppermint.

No comments: