You all know the importance of sodium in your body in order for it to function properly, but I know so many people who add way too much salt to their diets! Salt in the pasta water, salt on th salad, salt in the sauce, even salt around the rim of a Margarita! Sheesh!
Did you know your cells need 23 grams of water to neutralize every gram of excess salt you eat? This is why we get bloated. I know if we go out to eat dinner, even when I just order a salad, I can expect that the next day I will have puffy fingers, toes and baggy eyes! EWW! Not a good look! Here are some foods that increase hydration without drinking so much water.
Oh ps. I love Smart Water, I love the taste! It's my fav!
It's NOT because Jennifer Aniston is the face of Smart Water, but there is something about the bottle- the crisp clean look to it, and to be quite honest, I dislike Evian because I can taste the sodium, Fiji used to be my fav, but the bulkiness of the bottle turns me away.
My favorite fruit of the summer is definitely Watermelon! Oh my goodness, my mouth salivates at the sight of a giant watermelon in Whole Foods! Oh and forget about it I see a watermelon sliced and it's DEEP red, I die! I need to have it immediately! I am obsessed!
How about zucchini! I have even posted pics on Facebook of one time slicing one and watching the water ooze out of it! Man! So cool! Zucchini, once steamed shrink down to nothing, but so yummy and so versatile!
If you don't LOVE the smell of fresh cut cucumbers, you don't know what you are missing! They smell like summer! Fresh, clean and so tasty with tomatoes, basil and a little olive oil! These 3 have between 95-97% water!
As I typed this I ate about 3 cups of steamed broccoli with lemon juice and some raw almonds! Not only did it hit the spot, but I feel so full and feel as if I just had a huge 4 course meal! NOPE! Just broccoli! this gorgeous green has 90% water!
Who doesn't love a juicy piece of cantaloupe in the spring or summer? Mario Loves it sliced in little cubes in his oatmeal in the morning! It adds such a sweetness to his breakfast and some great vitamins and minerals! I love it in my vanilla shakes!
So, with Spring almost here, and summer sneaking up behind it, it's time to start looking at these foods in the food store, grabbing them and getting them in your body! need some recipes?
Email me! tinaguaglianone@gmail.com







No comments:
Post a Comment