Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

some things I thought about today...

My RCIA class was pretty amazing last night.... We covered the "OUR FATHER" prayer, broke it down to understand what every line meant. I will tell you this, I will never say that prayer without a deeper thought behind it...


Our Father
"Our Father Who art In Heaven Hollowed be Thy Name."  God's name is HOLY...We shouldn't and I shouldn't use his name in vain. Saying things like "OH MY GOD! I am getting better at saying "OH my GOSH or OH MY! 

"Thy Kingdom come."  I can only imagine what it will be like when I get up to HEAVEN (BECAUSE I AM GOING! :O) ) Everyday, I make it a conscious effort to live by the 10 commandments, and when I think wrong by God, I ask for forgiveness.

Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. I hope this happens! We all must remember to live the way Jesus lived. I know since I started the RCIA and attending Mass, I try my hardest to live and think and do and react maybe the way Jesus would have. i know I am FAR from perfect and I do sin, but making slow changes everyday makes me feel a little bit closer to Him.

"Give us this day our daily bread."  I am grateful enough to have food shelter and clothing for me, my children and my husband. I have a wonderful job and a great family. I ask the Lord for strength in times of  
stress and worry. I ask the Lord to open my heart and draw me closer to him. I ask him for reminders that he is the reason I am here on this earth. 
MY FAVORITE QUOTE: as you al know who have been following me, I wrote this on my hand the day of my race last year! "I can do all thing thru Christ Who strengthens me." 

 "And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us." Ahh, this is the one that touched me personally and reading these words, I realized that in order for God to forgive my sins, I must forgive those who have sinned against me...I have a hard time with this one, but I also realize that I have been forgiven of my sins from a few people in my life that I love so deeply. There are a few people in my life that I haven't been able to forgive. I feel this weight pull my heart down. At the same time, I have forgiven others and feel my heart lifted, so Each day I am learning to forgive and move on, get this toxic waste out of my soul, because I have sinned and I also have been forgiven. I am learning to pray instead for those who have sinned against me, and with that I am slowly forgiving. 

"And lead us not into temptation."  We are faced with temptation all day everyday! It's the devil trying to make his way into our lives.  The Lord is the only one who can keep us from temptation. Yes, The LORD tests us but He DOES NOT tempt us.  Pray to the Lord when you feel temptation making its way into  your life and remember the relationship you have with Him.  

"But deliver us from evil",  AGAIN, Pray to the LORD in these times, times when life is not in your control. God is all around us all day everyday everywhere, I am learning the power of prayer!  

"For thine is the kingdom the power and the glory forever and ever." God is the KING OF KINGS!Lord HE is the most powerful of all powers. Sometimes we need to look to Him for strength when we can't find it in ourselves...So many times I have just looked up and said: "God? It's in  your hands now". 







No comments: