Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

JUST BE NICE!

I wasn't sure what I wanted to blog about today, but I did have a thought about something I witnessed yesterday in my gym. SO yesterday in the gym, as always I have my IPOD on full blast so I can block out any distractions and noise and focus on my workout.
I happen to notice a little altercation between a woman and a guy over a bench and a towel....YES, a towel. I had to mute my IPOD to see what was going on, besides, I was in between sets! I guess the woman wanted to use the bench, and asked if anyone was using it, and no was the answer. There was a towel on the bench and the woman thought someone had just left it there, so she tossed it INNOCENTLY on the floor. No big deal right? Well, unfortunately for the guy who was using the bench and towel, it was a HUGE deal! He came back to use the bench and the two of them got into it, and he was FREAKING out and PISSED off, that he had to go get a NEW towel. She apologized sincerely and offered to go walk over to the towels and grab a new one for him. He was not satisfied. WOW! The rest of his workout was ruined as he also was chirrping in everyones ear about the situation.
That altercation brought me to this thought of the day: Aren't soldiers dying in Iraq everyday? Aren't people dying of cancer? I mean seriously, is life that miserable that we must bring everyone else down or make them feel bad? I felt so bad for that woman who did NOTHING wrong, but I also felt bad for the guy who was pissed off, simply because underneath it all, he must have just been having a bad day, or maybe some stress in his life....

It's so easy foe people to be mean and nasty....why? How about smiling, being nice and just being graceful and thankful that you have a beautiful gym to workout in, and you have your health!
 
 
I hope you have a positive and productive day! GO for a run, a workout or meditate and do yoga, just do something that feels good in your soul! :O)
 

No comments: