I am not going to mention ANY names, but I am going to mention some of the breakfasts I hear of women eating before they run make my cringe! Here are some of the things I hear:
- balance bar
- nothing
- toast with jelly
- donuts
- bowl of cereal
- banana
- apple
- nuts
- bagel
- coffee
While some of the above are NOT BAD, others are horrible and you are not fueling your body properly to withstand the amount of energy you are about to endure during your running session or even during your workouts with me! Here are some great ideas for you for breakfast before a run or before a workout! Give them a try, I promise you a great run, and some energy to deal with the kids after that! :O)
- Fit Green Goddess Smoothie: 1 scoop protein, 1 banana, your fav nut butter and coconut water- 8oz
- 3 Glo-bites and 2 hard boiled egg whites
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt & 1/3 cup Fit Green Goddess Yogurt
- 1 slice Ezekiel toast, 1 tbsp. almond butter & a sliced banana on top
Wait about 45 minutes to an hour and then get your hump on the move! You can also have one of these post-workout or run. FUEL YOUR BODY for the sport! YOU MUST have quality nutrients!
What makes me laugh is that women want to know how many calories something has in, but they never seem to care where the calories come from. I know women who drink wine EVERY NIGHT and indulge in desserts and red meats and pastas, but when I offer my glo-bites or granola, they immediately want to know the caloric intake! How about finding comfort in knowing that When I am giving you a product to eat, it has NO added fats, oils, sugars or garbage! You eat ice cream, cookies, Cliff bars and more, all of which are LOADED with chemicals, processed ingredients and NOTHING from Mother Nature's earth!
How do you expect to look a certain way when you eat a completely different way? What do you want to look like? How do you want to feel?
C'mon ladies, wake up! I am a runner, I workout and I raise a family AND not to mention I run 3 businesses! How do I do it all????? By fueling my body with NOTHING but the best! I don't even drink coffee anymore, for waht? FAKE ENERGY? How about Green tea which doesn't give you the jitters and also gives you antioxidants that help fight off free radicals in the body!?!?!?
If you are one of those women who doesn't eat all day and then has dessert or wine, I hate to break it to you- You are SKINNY FAT! You know what I mean, someone who LOOKS skinny but when you touch her arm or watch her run, as skinny as she is, she jiggles...NO LEAN MUSCLE! SO get this vision: you are 65 and all of the collagen in your body has dissolved and you have no lean muscle because you wanted to be "THIN"...You now have wrecked your metabolism and you have saggy arms, saggy legs, a droopy but & boobs! At 65 I want to FEEL and LOOK great! Oh and I will too! Why? Because I will always eat the proper foods for my body, I will always KNOW and remember that working out with weights by far exceeds results faster than any piece of cardio or running. I am as lean as ever right now, but if you touch my skin or watch me run, there is NO JIGGLE! If you are reading this and it sounds like you, than keep following my blog for tips, tricks, recipes and more. I don't sugar coat anything. I tell it like it is. I am not a wellness coach who will tell you what you want to hear! Get the facts! Stay healthy! It all starts with your nutrition!!
This brings me to the most scary article I read yesterday at the gym while doing the Stair climber! HOLY CRAP! Are carbs more addictive than cocaine? I am so happy and so fortunate that I was NEVER a CARB ADDICT! THANK YOU LORD! After reading this, so many clients and friends names popped in my head!!!! (DETAILS MAGAZINE)
"I'm sitting in a comfortable chair, in a tastefully lit, cheerfully decorated drug den, watching a steady line of people approach their dealer. After scoring, they shuffle off to their tables to quietly indulge in what for some could become (if it hasn't already) an addiction that screws up their lives. It's likely you have friends and family members who are suffering from this dependence—and you may be on the same path yourself. But this addiction is not usually apparent to the casual observer. It has no use for the drama and the carnage you associate with cocaine and alcohol. It's slower to show its hand, more socially acceptable—and way more insidious."
Read More http://www.details.com/style-advice/the-body/201103/carbs-caffeine-food-cocaine-addiction#ixzz1GEfUsG31
Read More http://www.details.com/style-advice/the-body/201103/carbs-caffeine-food-cocaine-addiction#ixzz1GEfUsG31
How You Get Hooked (Over Time)
1. When you take in carbs -carbs causes this to happen.
2. Refined carbs spike blood sugar, and this is a big problem. The first result is that your body immediately stops burning its existing fat stores.
3. Too much blood sugar is a dangerous situation, and in response, insulin, a hormone, rips it from your blood and tells the body to store the energy as fat (in men this first happens around the waist).
4. Normally your liver controls blood sugar, but because you eat so many carbs you have a constant supply of insulin circulating. This turns out to be bad—very bad. This causes you to become resistant to insulin.
5. Insulin resistance means your body pumps out more insulin to make up for the deficit. Now you're getting fat, but what's worse is that your body desires even more carbs as fodder for the excess insulin.
6. You get fatter and fatter and your body craves more carbs to feed your increasing girth. This destructive cycle is why Americans are so overweight (the process doesn't happen overnight).
Read More http://www.details.com/style-advice/the-body/201103/carbs-caffeine-food-cocaine-addiction#ixzz1GEfzkaWq

No comments:
Post a Comment