well, wouldn't you know it, I got in there, and actually did very well! It was such an arm and back workout, I couldn't believe it! I did better than Mario! He was so cute just so happy that I was doing well, and taking pics.
He was right, Being out on the lake with a 360 degree view of Lake Como was insane!
Look how happy he is here!!!!! My husband....Smiling, relaxing and taking it all in! This is what working 7 days a week will do for you. This man works his ass off, and to just see him smile and laid back brings me so much happiness.
After about 35 minutes and me beating Mario in a race, it was time to go back to land...so we can get on the ferry for more touring of of other cities.....
So we got our tickets to Menaggio and off to the ferry we went.......
![]() |
| Menaggio, Italy |
I'm not going to deny it, we were excited and had the expectations that Menaggio would be like Bellagio, but we were sadly mistaken. Is it beautiful? YES, but we had the worst lunch and honestly, it's very small and not much going on.... Sad to say we were dissapointed and we couldn't get back to Bellagio FAST enough!
Once we got back, we just relaxed by the pool, and soaked up some more sun, as if we didn't get enough just walking around! We looked forward to our dinner this evening because of the great reviews we heard about the chef. Luigi Gondola who owns Salice Bleu. CHef Luigi is 27 years old! so we took a taxi there. At first I wanted to sit outside because being at the top of Bellagio, I am sure the view was incredible, but to our surprise there was no view. We did however eat outside on the deck, which was covered by Wine grape vines. It was SO beautiful, and cozy. Luigi himself came to talk about the menu and take our orders. We looked at each other like, "WHAT?" Chef Luigi was so accommodating to my sensitivities towards dairy and meat. He told me he would make me a special meal, just for me! I was so excited!
![]() |
| Mario's Appetizer |
![]() |
| Seared Tuna over the best salad |
This
![]() |
| Pasta, tomatoes, eggplant & Zucchini |
This meal was the best so far during our trip to Italy! By the end of the meal, we were both stuffed! We asked the lady in the front to call our taxi....2 minutes later a car pulls up, and he rolls down the window and says, "You called a taxi?" It was Chef Luigi!!!!!! He was driving us back to our hotel! Could you imagine!?!?!? While he drove us, he was on speaker phone with the other cooks telling them everyone elses orders! We were in shock!!!!!!
![]() |
| Chef Luigi & me! LUCKY ME! |
WOW!!!!!! CHeck out his website!






















No comments:
Post a Comment