Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Keep the energy flowing....

Just woke up about 30 minutes ago, and boy are my glutes starting to get tighter and together from yesterdays workout! I love that feeling. I don't like not being able to bend over and bend down, but I like the sore "KICKED MY OWN ASS" feeling!

So, we ran out of Beverly Protein powder- BOOO! Well in my cabinets, I have Vega, I have Isagenix, amongst other proteins for certain things, so I went with the BODACIOUS BERRY by Vega.  I had my 1/2 cup steep cut oats, 1.5 cup frozen blueberries, 1 tbps almond butter, cinnamon and two heaping tbsp of the Vega protein. It was DELISH! It's actually lighter on the belly since it's a VEGAN plant based protein powder. SO I think today will be a VEGAN day, not having any animal products. For me it's so easy to eat a ton of veggies, fruits and veggie burgers and vegan smoothies. I mapped out my week and here is how it will look:

Monday: NON-VEGAN DAY- whey protein x'2 canned Tuna (dinner)
Tuesday: Vegan day- plant based protein x's 2 and veggie burger at dinner
Wednesday: Paleo day- trying it for the first time ( I will post about this)
Thursday: Vegan Day- plant based protein x's two & huge salad with beans
Friday: Vegan Day- plant based protein x's 2 and lots of veggies & chick peas for dinner
Saturday: Paleo Day- including ground buffalo and eggs
Sunday: Vegan Day.

I've been so curious about the Paleo way of living, but when reading some websites and information, and food choices for meat, my belly got a little icky. The only sources of animal in my diet are eggs, Tuna, buffalo, whey. Well If I can eat only these sources, then I will do fine, but the other thing is that I would have no eliminate my chick peas, and other beans, quinos, and other grains. The good news is that you can eat lots of veggies and lots of berries! PHEW!
We'll see, I am undecided yet... I have been researching this Paleo thing for about 3 months now, tossing the idea back and forth, and I am coming to a conclusion soon- I'll keep you posted!



this was my dinner form last night!
INCREDIBLE! EMail me for recipe


With all the energy I had from yesterday, I wanted to keep it flowing into the rest of the week, so FOR SURE, I will make sure my meals are on point, I take my supplements, get my rest and stay close to GOD. Tonight I have my RCIA class, as it's been a while since I was on vacation. Looking forward to that tonight!


I miss Bellagio!

Here is my workout for today:
Warm up on the MONSTER!
10 minutes interval- level 60- 1 minute, level 80- 1 minute (repeat until I reach 10)

#1
Dbell chest press- 30 reps
decline push ups- 10
Jump Rope- 1 minute (OH, I WILL MASTER THIS ROPE!)
3 sets

#2
Incline dbell press- 15
fly with band -1 arm at a time- 15
close grip push up- 10
cable chest press-15
Jump Rope- 1 minute
3 sets

#3
Band bicep curl- 15
debll alternating curls- 10
tricep extension with 10's- 15 reps
jump rope- 1 minute
3 sets

MONSTER: 25 minutes- Level 65 (10)/ level 70 (10)/ Level 75 (5)

I will report back later on my meals, calories, heart rate and time spent in the gym!

I have lots to d today including a trip to Whole Foods and Tommy K's FItness for supplements! :O)


XO

No comments: