Sometimes I wonder if my blogs ever reach people. I mean, I know people read and follow them, because I have THOUSANDS of people who signed up to actually follow and receive my blog updates in their in boxes. Then, just when I have days where I have self doubts, I am surprised with a BEAUTIFUL email from a BEAUTIFUL woman whom I have NEVER met! This email was so touching, I had tears in my eyes. I had to show my husband...and we both just looked at the computer and said, "WOW". I read this email over and over and finally smiled and thought to myself.... Wow after all I have been through in my life, all the struggles, all the grief heart ache and sleepless nights, after all these years of all of my TRUE LIFE EXPERIENCES that got me to where I am now (IN A FABULOUS PLACE), I am able to help other women! Who is better than me!?!?!? I am so grateful that I can touch someone the way I did for Christine. When I can make a woman feel EMPOWERED, CONFIDENT, BEAUTIFUL, STRONG, HAPPY and HEALTHY, well, then this is what GOD had in the plan for me!
FROM CHRISTINE:
Good morning Pretty Lady!!
I was writing for a couple of reasons. I'd love an invite to keep up w/ your blog, I've been following the blog for almost a year now and would love to continue.
I also wanted to say thank you so much for being you. I've written in the past and you're always so quick to respond w/ honest, witty, intelligent and overall amazing advice. I've been reading your blog for a few reasons: I was curious and started flirting w/ a vegetarian diet, I love reading about what you're achieving fitness wise, your posts are motivating and help to keep me positive. You have been able to give me strength and something to smile at when I've been going through a really rough time in my life.
Since the birth of my 1st son (in 2002) I tried to lose the baby weight and quickly fell in love w/ eating right and exercising. My goals changed, more babies came, and I continued my love withwo years being physically fit and showing my family how to lead a healthy life style. In 2008 I found that I loved to run, it became a passion of mine that I was soon obsessed w/. Along w/ the running came some serious hip issues. I was beginning to have pain in the groin area and got diagnosed w/ degenerative arthritis and a torn labrum. I ended up taking time off of running and had a surgery to repair the labrum and shave down the excess bone that built up from the arthritis. 3 months later the pain was back, the labrum hadn't healed and the bone was growing back so surgery #2 it was. I warned the 2nd opinion dr. I would be his medical nightmare, he didn't believe bone could grow that quickly. I proved him wrong . . . sure enough 3 months after the 2nd surgery the bone was infact back. 3 drs later and now recovering from a hip replacement at the age of 35, my life has changed forever. I was told I will never run again and that being physically active (the way I'd like to be active) will be a real challenge due to now having an artificial hip. The recovery process is okay, it's the mental process I'm really struggling with.
I find reading blogs, blogging myself, and trying to stay in a positive state of mind is the best thing I can do for myself. I just wanted you to know how absolutely amazing you are and how you're touching lives around the world. Sitting at your computer way up there blogging about your day, what you ate, how much you killed it in the gym . . . you're giving someone down here in FL hope and inspiration! Thanks again so much for all you do!
Love ya girl!!
Blessings,
Christine Bieniek
So here is the response I wrote back to Christine:
Good afternoon Christine!
I am so sorry it took me a few days to write back! I do take pride in my quick responses, but life is HECTIC right now! I thank you so much for following me...Sometimes, I feel like I just babble on, and think "Who really cares about what the heck I am doing" but even if I reach and motivate one person, well, I can hold my head up high! SO THANK YOU!
Being me is very easy...I don't know any other way. I am a woman who has been so much in my 39 years of life, and just in the past few years and leanred to let go and let God! I mean with every negative experience or hurtful experience I have dealt with has made me who I am....I have a huge heart and want to help EVERYONE!
Being a Vegan has been such an enlightening and EDUCATIONAL experience for me. I am one who researches EVERYTHING before I dive into it. Being a Vegan for me was easy because everything I was eating left me bloated gassy and alwys doubled over in pain- I am allergic to dairy, gluten and wheat. Red meat was easy to stop eating simply because, well, it just sits in your stomach for 8 hours rotting where it's 96 degrees...the vision of a slab of meat in my belly just sitting really grossed me out.
The reason I ended my relationship with chickens and turkeys...well, I won't gross you with details, just go to the PETA website and watch some videos- It does the trick.
Having been able to give you strength and something to smile about- Well Christine, I hope to always continue to do that for you and everyone else who is reading my blog....I read this email to my husband and he just looked at me and said "WOW." He used to make fun of me for writting a blog but now he sees how many people follow me and how many people write me these beautiful emails....
Running is so easy to become obsessed with because you lose weight QUICKLY, without really changing your diet! DON'T give up, even with an artificial hip...I worked for a woman who had 3 hip replacement surgeries and guess what- She is in her 50's, looks like she is in her 20's, she runs, jumps, worksout and does it with grace! NEVER give up on the things you love....JUST build the muscles around your hips.....stretch and do yoga, and most of all, get in a pool and run- Google it....You will stregthen all your leg muscles.....I promise! PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP! If you have any questions about exercises or a program to follow, let me know...I can help you allll the way from NY!
XOXO Have a positive and productive day with your family-
Thank you again for the most beautiful email I have gotten in such a long time!
WOW! Yep, so I am on a mission to help more and more women to feel alive, empowered and free!!!!!!
I love my life! XO Have a fabulous weekend!








No comments:
Post a Comment