Honestly friends, I can't do the fish thing anymore, I just get so grossed out. Tuna in the can by American Tuna Co. is fine, once every other week, and egg whites are even bothering me again (they really are dairy ya know). I do my Beverly International Muscle Provider shakes still after EVERY workout, and I do 1/2 a scoop before my workout, but THAT IS IT! I had my last piece of Buffalo on Saturday night, didn't feel so well afterwards. July 1st, 2011, just a little over 2 months ago, I really did try to start eating some animal meat again, but I tell you, just like when I took dairy out 4 years ago, my tastebuds never looked back. I won't tell you what I think about when I see yogurt, white milk, cottage cheese, Kefir, etc...Well OK, I will tell you! A cow's saggy fat BOOB dragging on the ground waiting to be yanked, pulled and squeezed so US HUMANS can get our FIX... I think of cellulite when I see cottage cheese, and WE ALL have SOME cellulite SOMEWHERE on our bodies, I don't need any more, thank you!
Thanks for letting me rant a little! So, slowly I am going back to what makes my belly happy. I don't think I will TOTALLY take out the egg whites YET, or the Whey protein, because even with JUST a little of it, I FEEL INCREDIBLE strength when I workout and I see so much more definition in my body. I don't look SCRAWNY anymore.
As always, I find AMAZING recipes, read the ingredients and I switch things around to create my own version..... This mornings breakfast was AMAZING! (I wish I took a picture, but it was 4:45am, sorry peeps, I was a sleepy girl!) Of course, I added whey protein to the oats, because I need the protein. I used cherry juice instead of Apple Juice, because Cherries are a natural ant inflammatory.
My BREAKFAST CREATION!
Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal with currants
- 1 Serving
- 1/2 cup Gluten free Quick cooking Steel cut oats
- 1/4 cup Cherry juice, NOT FROM CONCENTRATE
- 1 1/3 cup water
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 tablespoon Beverly Chocolate protein powder
*Combine oats, Cherry juice, water, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then cover and cook 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in raisins or currants, then protein. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
I ate that breakfast like I was going to the chair! Seriously, I inhaled it at around 5:45, once I got to work. Wouldn't you KNOW IT, by 9:30, my belly alarm went off telling me to FEED HER! I sure did! A Two Mom's in The Raw Bar....
By the time I got home around 11:00, I made Mario's lunch and made my secret weapon pre-workout concoction- POTION!
By the time I got home around 11:00, I made Mario's lunch and made my secret weapon pre-workout concoction- POTION!
- 1/2 scoop Beverly Protein
- 4 oz really cold water
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 tbsp L-Carnitine
I was feeling a little OFF today when I got to the gym. Not sure why, Maybe I was sleepy from getting up so early, who knows, but I had to shake it off and get a MOVE ON IT! I had in my journal a goal of doing 8 Tabata Sets of sprinting at 9.0 for 30 seconds and walking 3.2 for 20 seconds on the treadmill. That didn't turn out so well. I felt this TEENY TINY TWINGE in my knee, so I just said Nah, NOT WORTH IT! I hopped on the bike and sweat doing a pretty hefty 3 mile ride. DO you put a towel on the sit when you ride the bike at your gym? For some reason, Equinox was OUT of towels when I needed them, so I had to sit on the CROTCH ROT SEAT~ It Really grosses me out! Who knows, who sat there, all I know is that the seat was damp and It wasn't my ass that made it that way! I hopped off after my three miles, and strolled into my SANCTUARY! The Group Fitness Studio, Just ME and um, well ME! THE WAY I LIKE IT!
Here is my workout for today:
45 minutes/ 18lb dbells & a 12lb medicine ball
Here is my workout for today:
45 minutes/ 18lb dbells & a 12lb medicine ball
4 minute warm up- I did front kicks, lateral kicks, high knee pulls, twisting my torso, stretching
- Sumo Squat Press with dbells-1 minute
- Russian twists- 1 minute
- Plank walks- 1 minute
- Squat jumps- 1 minute
- plank walks- 1 minute
- Russian Twists- 1 minute
- Push ups with feet on medicine ball- 1 minute
- leg raises- 30 seconds
- Plank row- dbells- 1 minute
- v-ups with medicine ball- 30 seconds
- dips off bench- 1 minute
- crunches with ball- 30 seconds
- Sumo squat presses- 1 minute
- leg raises- 1 minute
- Sumo squat presses- 1 minute
- Russian twists- 1 minute
- Dips off bench- 1 minute
- plank walks- 1 minute
- squat jumps- 1 minute
- Russian twists- 1 minute
- push ups with feet on med ball- 1 minute
- crunches with knees bent feet on floor- 1 minute
- Plank Row- 1 minute
- leg raises- 30 seconds
- dips off bench- 1 minute
- v-ups- 1 minute
- Sumo squat press- 1 minute
- Russian twists- 1 minute
- plank walks- 1 minute
- Squat jumps- 1 minute
- Russian twists- 1 minute
- Ball crunches- 30 seconds
- plank row- 1 minute
- leg raises- 30 seconds
- Dips off bench- 1 minute
- Sumo Squat press- 1 minute
****STRETCH FOR 5 minutes! SHEESH! I think it was safe to say I was SPENT!
![]() |
| Oh, I sweat and sweat some more! |
I went over to do some more arm work on biceps and triceps....then I was OUT! Overall, I think I had a GREAT workout, but tomorrow I will run and NOTHING will get in my way, including this knee of mine!
New Dinner recipe...
Quinoa Salad
Makes about 8 1-cup servings
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (I use a rice cooker) Cook the quinoa ahead of time.
- 1/4 red onion- diced super small
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 red bell pepper diced small
- 2 cups shredded cabbage- Green
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley
- juice of 1 whole lemon
- 1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- salt to taste
In a large bowl, combine quinoa and boiling water. Cook according to the package. I use a rice cooker.
Add onion, bell pepper, carrot, cabbage, parsley.
In a small bowl mix lemon juice, vinegar, oil, curry powder, and salt. Add to salad and toss to mix.
Add onion, bell pepper, carrot, cabbage, parsley.
In a small bowl mix lemon juice, vinegar, oil, curry powder, and salt. Add to salad and toss to mix.



Mario's plate had my Turkey meatloaf recipe on there. If you want that recipe as well, just email me. He said it was FABULOUS! I just had the Quinoa recipe on my dish and added a Dr. Preagar's veggie burger. The quinoa gave me PLENTY of protein.









No comments:
Post a Comment