Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sunday Sauce

What a sticky humid day huh??? It almost felt like it were August ALL over again. I don't mind, as long as there is no rain and no snow, this girl is happy. Mass was beautiful this morning as always. Each and every Sunday going to Church is my way of cleansing my soul, my mind and my heart from any negative feelings emotions or thoughts. I am set up for a positive and productive week.


I was on a mission to find sneakers, so I tried Dick's Sporting Goods in White Plains. It was perfect especially since Whole Foods was in the same building!  Here is what I decided on! I LOVE asics and I also love Nike, but I went with the Asics instead this time.....











Whole Foods was also on the agenda today, and as always, it's packed, but I don't even let it phase me, as I stroll down the isles and take my time picking great food for my family. I smile, stand there, read labels, discover new foods and go about my business, as most are CRAZED by the hustle and bustle of carts, kids, and isles full of people. I ALWAYS bag my own food and thank the baggers for offering to help. 

YEP! Gotta wear them lots more now! UGH!

Mario wanted meatballs and pasta for dinner tonight, since Sundays I usually make a Big dinner, and as he calls it a cheat meal. It's Not really a cheat meal for him though since I use ALTERNATIVES to the normal recipes. Mario purchased 90% ground lean sirloin, so this is what I used for HIS meatballs.... NONE FOR ME!

Add 1lb ground 90% lean sirloin to a large bowl

Add Chopped fresh parsley



Add two large omega-3 eggs

Chopped garlic

I LOVE adding red onion

Isn't it pretty so far? SO colorful!

Instead of breadcrumbs, I used Steel cut quick cooking oats

Another pretty pic!

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. This mixture made 9 meatballs. They were a decent size. Mario ended up having 3 big ones!

For my Sauce, I added great OLIVE OIL to my pan, and added the chopped garlic & chopped onions. I let them carmalize and then I added my tomatoes.

These tomatoes are so yummy! NO, I don't have time to ALWAYS use fresh tomatoes, I do have to use canned sauce at times, but I tell you this..... They are the best!

Add my seasonings. I also added about 1/4 cup water since the tomato sauce is on the thick side.

I pop the balls in the oven for 8 minutes, but first I spritz them with olive oil spray. Cooking them in the oven sets the outside and makes them a TEENY bit on the crisp side....Inside they are full of juice!

I went with the Farro pasta tonight for Mario. It's SUPER LIGHT, and SO much better than eating WHITE pasta!

As soon as the timer goes off, I add the balls to the sauce and let them simmer on very low heat for about 25 minutes.


I decided to have my sauce on top of Spaghetti squash! It's simply AMAZING! WHO NEEDS ANY KIND OF PASTA! 

And here you have Mario's dinner. Doesn't it look delicious!?!?
HE LOVED IT! SO as you can see, NO I didn't use any cheese, white pasta, fattier meat, etc... so DO I consider this a cheta meal? Nah, just a higher quality higher calorie dinner. Believe me, my husband will burn it off in 1 workout tomorrow! :O)

No comments: