I was watching an Equinox trainer hit his abs pretty hard...He is 51 years old, I think he is Latin and looks great for his age...has the white spikey hair and pierced ear(s)! He's really cool! Anyway, I looked over at him and said "doesn't ever get easy does it?" And he laighed and said "NOPE". So long story short we started to chat and came across speaking about food, and since I am a food Natzi, I was ALL EARS! Now just a little food background on me....I prefer to get my energy sources from fruits, fats and lean protein. I DON'T eat Pasta, bread, crackers, icecream, or any processed food.... OK, so!
he was telling me that i was not eating to FUEL my body and repair my muscle growth. He then asked me if I ate any carbs (high carb) and I said "HELL NO!" he said I got it all wrong! So, instead of tuning him out, i listened with an open mind to what he said. He said "It's not that carbs are bad or evil, it's when you eat them that can make them evil or bad for you". Jack told me that at around 12:00, I should have a small bowl of white pasta, with some grilled chicken and veggies....Wait two hours and hot the gym. he says my energy will be through the roof! I looked at him and said "Jack, I have an EGO! I love seeing my abs!" What if I eat this pasta and I gain weight?" He told me to experiement and try it for a week.... Hmmmmmm...since I have NO ENERGY, and no seeing any results lately for soooo many reasons, What have I got to lose? I am going to incorporate some bad carbs and good carbs in my diet! So, I am going to map out my meal plan and share it with you. Each day I will track my progress with you! :O) Jack better be right! Hey listen, any 51 year old man with abs, should know what he's talking about right? :O)
We will see! I'll keep ya posted, I am staring this plan tomorrow!!!
XO
6 comments:
Hey girl...I am like you well almost...I eat brown rice, Eziekiel bread, couscous, oats but NO white pasta (although I will eat white rice on a cheat meal).....so I am interested to see how you do! Yes, post diet and how you feel...for Italians like me raised on the stuff but as I got older they didn't like me as much!
I can't wait to hear your results and progress! Love your blog, it inspires and motivates me.
I can't wait to hear about your results and progress. Love your blog, very motivating! Keep it up.
very intersted to keep reading your post now! i am a complex carb gal-no white carbs allowed! (well except for a week after a show-then all it seems all i take in is the "bad" carbs-lol!)
back in the day,as an athlete in college i followed the white carb a few hours before a brutal 12 mile run uphill,both ways,etc etc,and i maintained faint abs back then...i understand the theroy behind jacks logic,and am very curious about your new nutrition plan! im all ears! :)
Mary & Juli..
I need you chickies to live closer to me!!!!!!
melissa, mary & juli..We gotta meet!!!!!!!!! We can forge our own little Team of HOT MOMMA'S!!!!!!
What do ya say? LOL!
Post a Comment