Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Over training anyone???






I think I am! First of all I couldn't sleep last night! I guess that comes with being a mom to two teenagers! LORD STICK WITH ME HERE!!!!!!! I train hard folks, really hard... I am not the girl who plops her ass on a stationary bike while reading the latest issue of COSMO or IN STYLE! I am not the girl who goes to the gym to talk, socialize or meet friends...I haul ass...I mean really...Why else would I spend some much time in the gym? Because I have a purpose! To WHOOP my OWN ASS! Ok, so I'm a little obsessive and too intense. I sweat my ass off, and run around that place like I own it! LOL! Women look me up and down, the men don't look at all, and if they do, it's outta the corner of their eyes, because well, maybe I can do more push-ups or pull ups? :O)

I think being in the gym 7 days a week with such intensity wears the body down after a while. So I listened to my body today and did not go to the gym. It was a cardio day anyway. But then after a stressful afternoon with my WITCHY little 17 year old bratty daughter, I needed to go for a run. I put on my shorts, sprtsbra, grabbed my IPOD, my Boston Red Sox hat (YES< BOSTON!) and took off....

Um, didn't make it too far....My hams and calves are fried from yesterdyas workout! I lasted about 12 minutes!!!!!!! I was so pissed I was practically in tears that I couldn't finish my cardio.....

I took a nice big gulp of pride, looked down at my abs (which are still there) and dragged my ass home!!!!! Cursing myself the whole way! Grabbed my bank card and walked to the food store to grab some stuff for dinner. I walked with a puss on my face! GRRRRRR.....

Well, if that wasn't a huge red flag......I can't keep going like I am, and If I want to, I need to really change some things... like incorporating HOT YOGA, stretching, massage, etc... So When I get back from ITALY, I will change up my whole routine. Starting with my CRAZY MENTAL THOUGHTS!!!!!!!

I honestly feel like working out and eating super clean are the two things in my life I have total control over! Everything else in life is in God's hands....
I constantly have this battle with my mind....My body wants to do and feel one way and my mind wants me to do another thing...

I am so motivated to go run, pound the weights, sweat out 600 calories in a hour, but for some reason, I physically can't do it! I HAVE TO BE OVER TRAINING!

three weeks in Italy will do me good. NOT bringing a sports bra, shorts or sneakers!!!!! I am going to eat good food, drink wine with my husband and LIVE life differently and see how I feel when I get back.

AHHH!!!!!!! the MIND AND BODY!

HOW WAS YOUR DAY??

4 comments:

*ANA* said...

when are you going to italy? sooo true about eating clean and diet being the only thing we can control i especially love to think that when your having a bad stressfuull day it turns out to a great run!

Krissa said...

I am digging this new background a lot.

Sounds like overtraining for sure. I have a problem with "moderate intensity" as well. I do not believe in a fat burning zone and I am never in it. :) My heart rate is always through the roof.

Good for you for listening to your body and attempting a rest day :)

Melissa Cunningham said...

Love this post bc it rings SO TRUE!!! we are so much alike it is not even funny!!! i do belive Italy will do you some good-just RELAX,REST and enjoy your time-no worries about the gym or cardio or calories in VS calories out....i know this will be a super hard task for you to do,for us supermommies seem to thrive off of hard core workouts and clean nutrition,i am the exact same way!!!i found myself way overtrained during my last contest prep-i pushed through all the sighs and symptoms,pushed through the pain-and all it did was make me look smooth and flat on the pro stage and left me injured as well. so take it from someone who is just like you,that you do need REST-i was only abl;e to stay away for 6 days,and only able to stray from nutrition for 6 days...but i am, feeling better and i know you will too once you get the rest in-the hard part is keeping those stupid mind games at bay!!!!
enjoy your rest,and do have fun and dont stress over the small things!!!
as always,i love reading your posts,and enjoy your postive vibes and outlook on life! keep on keeping on chica!!! GO SUPERMOMMIES!!!

Julie said...

I can relate to much of what you've said. Especially the part about having control over certain things. Sounds like your trip to Italy is just what you need. I'm new to your blog, and I'm finding my motivation through it. Keep on keeping on.