I happen to think that a lean back and toned and tight abs are super sexy on a woman! Anytimes I look around the gym, the first things I notice on a woman are her back muscles, if exposed and her abs. I believe both are a sign of being FIT! Think about it! An open back dress, a bikini, when you see lean muscles to me, it's a sign of FIT!
Everyone has their favorite body parts, and for me, these two are it! I also love my abs. When I am running around 20-30 miles a week, they are SO defined. Right now, since I have taken time off from running, you can still see my external obliques & my anterior superior iliac spine. My obliques are quite strong and I feel my abdominals and back are my STRONGEST body parts!
Abs are made in the KITCHEN, NOT the gym...YES, you can make the muscles stronger by doing crunches, leg raises, planks etc...but the only way you will see s defined tight and toned stomach is to WATCH WHAT YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH! There is no secret exercise, no diet pill, and hours of cardio WON'T make your abs show either! You MUST work your core, do cardio and eat a super clean diet.
I know a lot of people who don't train what they can't see, like their backs, glutes and hamstrings, however, those muscle groups are SUPER important to incorporate in your training routine.
I know a lot of people who don't train what they can't see, like their backs, glutes and hamstrings, however, those muscle groups are SUPER important to incorporate in your training routine.
Ever notice a woman who is slouched over? That is a sign of a weak back, tight pectoral muscled and weak shoulders, not to mention the drooping boobs! YIKES! But if you ask that women (as I do with clients) to stand up nice and tall and pull their shoulders back and pull in their bellies, they look taller, stronger and more fit! Here are some of my FAVS!
I started by just doing one each time I went into the gym...and little by little I became so much better at them! Now I can do 8-10 and my goal for 2011 is do be able to get to 15! YIKES!
Aside from the aesthetic parts, having a strong back and core are essential in everyday life...not just in your 20's or 30's but also for women or men in their 40's and 50's including our baby boomers!
Working your back is very hard, and it's especially hard to focus and put you mind on the EXACT muscle you are trying to hit. You have to be in tune with your body, not just with your back, but with every muscle you work. You can't just go through the motions, because you won't get anywhere. You need to also have a plan. I always map out my workouts in a small journal each Sunday for the entire week.
As I always tell my clients and especially MEN, WEIGHT is NOT important as FORM is! If you have great form, you will make great gains in your physique and strength, HOWEVER, if you have bad form, and jerk your body and use momentum, again you won't make the necessary changes and you will get HURT!
push ups- 15 reps
Dead lifts - 12 reps
renegade rows - with dumb bells 15 reps
Pullovers - on a bench- 15 reps
chest press- on a Swiss ball- 15 reps
Sample two: 15 reps for each exerciseSuper set
Chin Ups -
pull Downs -
Super setBent Over Rows -
Dead lifts -
Super setrenegade rows - with dumb bells
Hyper extensions -










No comments:
Post a Comment