Total Pageviews

Monday, December 20, 2010

Weekly Health and Fitness Motivation!

What a gorgeous day, huh? yeah it's FREEZING out and yea, I LOATHE the winter, but I am learning to just go with the flow...If Mother Nature wants to make me shiver, well than I will shiver with a smile! :O)
I have been having some really great workouts and eating above and beyond healtheir than normal....Can it be because I am off to Florida to soak up some sun? ha! Maybe, but I truly have some secret goals for 2011 and I want to make sure I go into the NEW YEAR feeling my best, and looking my best! HEY! I am not getting any younger, but I can make sure I FEEL AND LOOK YOUNGER each year!

Girls, women, ladies, there is NOTHING wrong with looking amazing all year, NOT just in the summer! Besides who wants to bust their HUMP in the SPRING just for the summer? I Love looking lean and slim all year knowing that I can put something on and not have to worry about busting out at the seams!

As you know (most of you), I read a lot! I mean A LOT! Here are some sites I read for motivation, science and information about what's going on in the health and fitness world. I stumbled upon some great reads lately! You have to check them out! 
One thing is for sure...If you are training with me or I am your wellness coach, then these articles will just be reminders to you...Besides it's always nice to know you are AHEAD of the game, right?
 Now I want to touch on a subject I deal with a lot as a personal trainer. When potential clients come to me for training, the first thing they usually say is, "Tina, I don't want to BULK UP." When I hear that comment, I want to cringe, but I just clentch my jaw and smile instead....So then calmy and comforting I respond by saying lifting weights will not make womens muscles big and bulky! YOU WILL develop a sculpted, lean, and sexy body. You can look like a professional dancer, gymnast, or competitive swimmer. Your body will be noticed...and let's be honest, who doesn't like their hard work to be noticed!?!?

In the gym, I am sure you notice women who seem to just do certain exercises with such ease and grace, it's as if they were BORN to do that certain thing, or you watch them walk and you cen FEEL the confidence they exude. Guess what these women all have in common...THEY GET IT! They get the importance of incorporating weights with their cardio sessions! They realize that cardio will make them skinny but weights will bring them curves, lean muscles and YES a HIGHER and FASTER metabolism!

There are some things you have to nderstand BEFORE you start working with myself or any other trainer or yourself.  As far as nutrition goes, that is your first and most important change! You have to start thinking of food as your fuel. Anyone who works with me KNOWS this first hand. Look at your food and think to yourself, "Is this food serving a GOOD purpose to my body?" If you have doubts or KNOW that food is not doing you any good, then put it down! Some say you have to increase your protein intake, and I say FROM EXPERIENCE, You just need to eat LOTS of greens and fruits, some grains, some proteins, and some good sources of fat. Remember Protein is to repair and build your muscles and carbs are to FUEL your workouts and everyday living.

Understand and also remember this very valuable statement. Fat can NOT turn into muscle! You can replace your fat with muscle. Your diet needs to be a huge focus in order for this to happen. Once the fat starts to come off your body, those lean muscles you have been working on building will start to show more and more. You will then achieve that sculpted lean and FIT look you desired!

Weights will help you lose the fat, but weight training for women is not specifically targeted to cause fat loss. you will notice within a few months  with the increase in lean muscle you metabolism becomes faster and you burn more calories. Assuming you are consuming the same amount of calories you will lose weight.

Caution! You can NOT spot reduce! Don't think for a second if you do abs 7 days a week and aim to do 500 crunches each time, that your 6-pack will show...Not Going to happen! I think all women should be doing total body workouts that keep your heart rate up! You should aim to do these total body workouts 3-4 days a week and just cardio on the other days, leaving one day completely off so your body and muscles can rest repair and rebuild.

Weight training for women is VERY huge part of making your body  lean, strong, beautiful and yes, sexy! It doesn't matter how old you are!

No comments: