Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 9, 2010

GRASTON!

I can't believe I haven't mentioned my Graston treatments! Have you heard about Graston? DO you go to a chiropractor? I haven't in such a long time, but recently with all of the issues with my arthritis in my ankle & kness, I decided to search for a CURE so I can RUN with no pain!
I ended up going to Greenwich Wellness in Greenwich CT . I saw Tom. Tom was super knowledgeable, friendly and caring! Basically, he told me my whole right side kinetic chain was OFF! YIKES. my hips are a quarter inch uneven, my IT band is extremely tight, my ankle doesn't dorsi flex, OY!!!! I am broken.
The treatment didn't hurt while he was doing it, but the next day, I looked like I got hit by a BUS! I was all bruised...NORMAL, but still scary to see!

Graston Technique is:  successful in effectively treating all soft tissue conditions, whether they are chronic or acute and post surgical. The Graston Technique® offers many advantages to the patient such as:
  • Decreases overall time of treatment
  • Fosters faster rehabilitation/recovery
  • Reduces need for anti-inflammatory medication
  • Resolves chronic conditions thought to be permanent
The Graston Technique incorporates a patented form of instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization that enables clinicians to effectively detect and treat scar tissue and restrictions that affect normal function.
The Technique:
  • Separates and breaks down collagen cross-links, and splays and stretches connective tissue and muscle fibers
  • Increases skin temperature
  • Facilitates reflex changes in the chronic muscle holding pattern
  • Alters spinal reflux activity (facilitated segment)
  • Increases the rate and amount of blood flow to and from the area
  • Increases cellular activity in the region, including fibroblasts and mast cells
  • Increases histamine response secondary to mast cell activity.

The Graston Technique Instruments are used to enhance the ability to detect adhesions, scar tissue or restrictions in the affected areas. stainless steel instruments are used  to comb over and "catch" on fibrotic tissue, which immediately identifies the areas of restriction. Once the tissue has been identified, the instruments are used to break up the scar tissue so it can be absorbed by the body.

I had two treatments with Tom, and I have to tell you, I feel better! You gotta try this technique. It isn't just for IT bands! If you have arthristis and or  tightness in your shoulders, give them a call!

For my workout today, I am running 4 miles. I will be running nice and steady! I will also be doing lots of stretching! NO WORKOUT TODAY! :O) Ahhhhhh

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think today might be a 4 mile day for me as well! Sounds nice!

:)

Keelie
www.sweatequalssuccess.blogspot.com