Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Miracle Food! One of my Fav's!


How much do you LOVE the smell of yams cooking on Thanksgiving? Well in my houe it's a REAGULAR everyday smell! OMG! To die for! The best part about yams or sweetpotatoes is that you just bake them and don't need to add ANYTHING to them. Sometimes I will peel them into stripes, lay them on a baking sheet and sprinkle cinnamon on them and bake for an hour, and PRESTO! I can add them to any dish and they work!
According to Epicurious, the Sweet Potato is the Veggie of the new year! 2011! Mario and I have had sweet potatoes as a staple in our diet since before we met almost 9 years ago! I bake them, mash them, add them to stews and soups, slice and make oven sweet potatoe fries, etc!
This gorgeous orange and sometimes yellow veggie is bursting with both beta-carotene, which is converted by the body into Vitamin A (an anti-oxidant), and fiber, which is great for digestion.

Did you know this super star veggie also has protein? The Center for Science in the Public Interest ranked them the #1 most nutritious vegetable (in the world).

The New York Times labled the sweet potato as the QUEEN of weight loss because it helps regulate blood sugar, satisfies cravings, and boasts an impressive nutritional profile.

How will YOU have your Sweet potato?
XOXOXO Tina

2 comments:

genebug77 said...

I love yams! People need to eat them year-round, not just at Thanksgiving!

genebug77 said...

I love yams! Everyone needs to eat them year-round, not just at Thanksgiving or in the fall/winter months!!