Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

first run of my 2011 training


EYE OF THE TIGER TODAY! SNOW OR NO SNOW! Thankful for TREADMILLS in weather like this! LOL!

Aside from my 1/2 marathon training, my goal for 2011 is to be able to do 3 sets of 15 wide grip pull ups with NO assistance! Back in Arizona, I used to be able to them very easily...that was about 6 years ago! :O(
Chin ups are easy for me, but hit a lot of biceps, I want my back shredded!
What are your fitness goals? Anything I can help with?




Workout for Tuesday January 18th, 2011

RUN FAST FOCUS MORE!!

 
Weight:113.lbs
Workout #1:  5 MILES WITH 3 MILES @HMP (half marathon pace)
Type: Run
Planned distance: 5.0 miles
Today is my first run with half-marathon pace (HMP) miles. This  workout is designed to help me  learn to run at an even effort, which I'll  want to do on race day.

I will warm up with one mile of easy running, then try to settle in to my goal race pace (8:00/mile) and hold it for three miles. I will cool down with one mile of easy running.

1-mile warmup @ 5.6
3 miles @ HMP (9:00/mile) 6.5
1-mile cool down @5.7


Time: 48.53
heart rate: 161-177
calories: 622
How I felt: HOW AMAZING! I DID IT...I PULLED IT FROM DEEP WITHIN!! The warm up is huge! If you start off nice and slow and get in tune with your breath, once it's time to amp up your speed, you should be fine. Also, I warmed up with my dynamic stretches and corrective exercises. I believe another huge factor for me is a great itunes playlist. Whoever invented the Ipod is a freaking genius!!!!! THANK YOU!
Everyone has their own way of getting motivated and I know I have mine...GAY or not, I LOVE ROCKY and I love the soundtracks. I can watch them over and over. This video is from the Rocky where he fights the RUSSIAN. His training was hard core and old school...the music was great! Another song you may want to download!



After my run...of course my endorphins kick in, my mood has gone from ok to ecstatic and I need to do more...SO I hit my shoulders biceps and triceps for a few different sets and high reps...getting my muscles used to endurance workouts again.... EVERY BIT HELPS! I finished off with some v ups and foam roll & of course stretching!


No comments: