Oh yeah! That is the number of miles I ran last week. MY OH MY am I tired. Overall, I feel as if my endurance is back, my legs are behaving and I am loving this training program so far. Since I started working with Don Reagan, I feel so much better and have confidence that I will do this race injury free but also faster. In the two sessions I have worked with him, Don has opened my eyes to so much new stuff! He provided me with a bunch of corrective exercises and told me I need to lay off the leg workouts I was doing...well eh hmm! I was over training! Shh! Don't tell anyone! I am one hard nut to crack, but Don is a great teacher therapist and person, so I trust in him and value what he has taught me thus far.Sunday my 8 mile run really put me back on the board! I was so happy I did it, and even though I should have done my 10 miles, well, GOD comes first.
This week I think the intensity picks up, but I am worried because it's so cold, it makes me so stiff and that much longer to warm up! GRRR. Yes, at this point, I am running inside, I am not stupid! The treadmill saves my joints, the warm club heats me up quicker and I am able to go farther because my little lungs aren't frozen!
1 comment:
Congratulations on a great week of training!
I'm an indoor cold weather runner too- I know I'll perform SO MUCH BETTER if I'm warm...
Post a Comment