Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rise and Shine on Sunday Morning

Ahh, so badly I wanted to sleep in this morning, but with my goals dancing around in my head, I popped up out of bed at 6:30 this morning to go and do my 8 mile run. I almost left without eating something but Mario reminded me that I need something in my body. In the morning I am NOT awake until I had my coffee. SO I made a slice of Ezekiel toast, a banana and 1 tbsp almond butter- the usual.

It's 12 degrees here in NY, so no way would I even consider running outdoors. I got to Equinox and did my warm ups and corrective exercises, but I didn't take as much time, because I had to get to Sunday Mass at 9:45.

Although I had a 10 mile run planned, and I KNOW I could have done it, I had to stop at 8 miles. I knew I had to stretch and foam roll after the run and then shower.  The run was awesome, controlled, mellow and peaceful if that makes sense. My body was happy, relaxed and the run was NOT in anyway a struggled long run. I wasn't paying attention to my minutes per mile, I was more focused on paying attention to things like my form, my breathing and how my legs felt.

My affirmation today was:

It's ALL Mine!

Time: 1 hour & 20 minutes
Distance: 8 miles
Heart rate: 
Calories: 791




I knew at one point of the run, towards the end, I felt as if someones hands were on my shoulders softly pushing me forward...Hmmmmm...The big Man upstairs??? I think so!

After my run, I stretched, and took off to take the worlds fastest shower and get to Sunday Mass. I have to tell you  how much I love my Sundays. I love how going to Church calms me, purifies me and makes me so much more positive for the upcoming week. I am still learning so much, especially the prayers.

It really is such a beautiful place and when I am there, the hour goes so fast, and I wish that the hour would SLOW DOWN. I want to absorb as much as I can.

Here is a song that sums up my EVERY Sunday! It will make you smile, calm you and put you in a good place.

No comments: