Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday Training...


My Song for the day! This song is what sparks the beginning of a conversation I have with "The Big Man Upstairs" each and every run. Listen to the words of this beautiful uplifting song! SO motivating.


Weight: 113lbs

Workout #1:  5 MILE easy run @ 5.9



Type: RunPlanned distance: 5.0 miles

Time: 50.32


heart rate: 154-175


calories: 580



I had so much to do today so I planned to run this morning and get up at 5:15am, get to the gym by 5:45, do my warm up and start my run by 6! YEP, I did it! I am so motivated to perfect my time this race, and I have tunnel vision. I really wanted to stay in bed snuggled next to my husband, but I knew if I didn't do my run this morning, it wasn't getting done.


What kind of goal setter are you? Do you get goals for yourself? If you do, are you the type of person who gets it done NO MATTER WHAT? or, Are you the type of person who likes to SAY you have a goal, just to hear yourself speak, and then if something comes up and gets in the way of your goal, you think, "Oh well, tomorrow is a new day." 


I think I may be TOO driven, and a little obsessive, but I don't plan on changing that trait anytime soon! It's ME!






POST RUN:
Scorpions-
* 8 on each leg
Scissors (legs high)
*10 kicks forward /backwards
****2 sets


Dorsi flex mobility wall drill
* side front side- 7 reps each both legs
Dying Scorpion on back
* 10 each way
****2 sets


Donkey kicks
*25 each leg
Fire Hydrants
*15 each leg
****2 sets


Foam roll and stretch


19 minutes


109 calories


109-142 heart rate


HOW I FELT AFTER THE RUN & EXERCISES: I was happy, felt great...Not going to lie, my legs were sore from yesterdays hard run...I was feeling it in my hip flexors while running, but at least I didn't have to run hard and fast today, so I was able to manage and get through it. It was really great to get up and go. I didn't eat breakfast, but I did bring a coconut water with me...Took a few sips during the run and it really helped. I don't like gatorade or sports drinks, as they are loaded with sugar and sodium. Coconut water is load with potassium more so than a banana! TRY ONE!


I did crash around 1:00 this afternoon. I was super tired, because I am not used to getting up that early. I had a coffee this afternoon since I skipped it this morning, but it really didn't help...I will be in bed early tomorrow!


Have a great night!
XO




No comments: