Total Pageviews

Monday, January 31, 2011

What a great start to the new week!

So? Have a great weekend? I sure did! Mario & I finally got to see "THE FIGHTER" last night! WHOAH! What a great movie! As you are well aware of, Boxing is something I always LOVED. The sport itself is a little too violent for me to watch sometimes, but the intense trainingg that boxers endure is something I have always respected....Growing up watchy EVERY Rocky Movie, I always adored the way boxers trained and loved their intensity...it's so motivating. Although Rocky was ALL acting, his training was NOT. Sylvester Stallone first and foremost trains still to this day and works his ass off to stay in great shape. Gotta respect that!



I also loved hilary Swank in the Million Dollar Baby! Her training was incredible as she REALLY put on about 14lbs of muscle for the movie! LOVED IT! Based on a true story!








This movie "The Fighter" Takes the cake of all the boxing movies I have seen.
Micky Ward (Mark Wahlberg) is a 30-year-old welterweight boxer from a working class family in Lowell, Massachusetts. Managed by his mother, Alice Ward (Melissa Leo), and trained by his half-brother, Dicky Eklund (Christian Bale), Micky's career is SO NOT  successful: He's become known as a "stepping stone" for other boxers to defeat on their way to greater success. Mickey Ward is FULL of heart, integrity and passion for the sport of Boxing. He so badly wants to succeed and win the title but between his Mother who turns a blind eye to Dicky's crack addiction and his brother Dicky who is so heavily into using Crack, Mickey can't catch a break! Dicky was at one time known as "The Pride of Lowell," a peak that he and his mother constantly relive and boast about; a HBO film crew is seen filming Dicky's day-to-day affairs, which he is convinced will be about his comeback return to boxing. His Mother is such an enabler and can;t seem to see the reality of this crack addiction that Dicky can't shake.

I won't tell you the rest of the movie, just know it's AWESOME and so worth going to see it in  the movies. I was crying, and laughing and could NOT believe Christian Bale's performance!


WOW! When I saw him in this movie, I couldn't believe it! He even shaved a bald spot in the back of his head!




He totally deserves an oscar! Mark Walberg was pretty damn awesome too! Taking 4 years to build that body and added 30lbs to his frame! DAMN!

















So On to my run: It was pretty damn great! I am running on Mondays now and had to switch up my week in order to go to Sunday Mass and make my Granola and glo-bites for....YOU! :O)

Weight: 114lbs
6 mile run: 1:03
heart rate;148-166
Calories: 501- 20% from body fat

I then did my chest, back and shoulder workout..

time: 31 minutes
calories: 169
heart rate: 119-152
47% of calories burned were from bodyfat. NICE!






And Gospel of  Jesus in Spirit & truth....
Please take the time to read this....


Ready or not, some day it will all come to an end.
There will be no more sunrises, no minutes, hours or days.
All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else.
Your wealth, fame and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance.
It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed.
Your grudges, resentments, frustrations and jealousies will finally disappear.
So too, your hopes, ambitions, plans and to-do lists will expire.
The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.
It won’t matter where you came from or what side of the tracks you lived on at the end.
It won’t matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant.
Even your gender and skin color will be irrelevant.
So what will matter? How will the value of your days be measured?
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built,
not what you got but what you gave.
What will matter is not your success but your significance.
What will matter is not what you learned but what you taught.
What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage or sacrifice that enriched,
empowered or encouraged others to emulate your example.
What will matter is not your competence but your character.
What will matter is not how many people you knew,
but how many will feel a lasting loss when you’re gone.
What will matter is not your memories but the memories of those who loved you.
What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what.
Living a life that matters doesn’t happen by accident.
It’s not a matter of circumstance but of choice.
Choose to live a life that matters.

XO Tina

No comments: