Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

first week of 2011 workouts & runs

Before I give you my workouts, here is something that I will post before each workout. I put little sayings on top of each of my workouts to motivate myself... You can do the same:

BUILD IT* BELIEVE IT* BECOME IT

Choose one word from each column below and create a motivational, get it done power chant for yourself!

A               B                    C                      D
Run           Strong           Think             Power
Go             Fast                Feel               Speed
Stride       Quick              Embrace      Brave
Sprint       Light               Be                 Bold
be              Fierce             Hold             Courage



January 3, 2011
112. 4lbs
monday

"RUN LIGHT FEEL COURAGE"

4.5 mile run
50 minutes
524 calories
145-174 heart rate

Corrective exercises for legs:
Dorsi flex mobility wall dril
Hip flexor 3 way stretch
Dorsi Flex mount prep on hands

**no assist pull ups... 6 reps
decline push ups, feet on a bench...12 reps
hanging abs...15 reps
3 sets

**Cybex lat pull
orange band fly for chest
Oblique cruch off a bench
3 sets

**High close grip lat pull
decline dbell press
decline leg raise
2 sets

272 calories
37 minutes
124-164 heart rate

Felt great to run again for some distance...not too worries about my time, more concerned with my legs being able to handle the runs right now.
:O)


Tuesday
January 4, 2011
112lbs

GO FIERCE THINK BOLD!

Foam roll & Dynamic warm up
Arc trainer level 35 for 10 minutes
stationary bike level 5 for 15 minutes

Corrective exercises for legs:
Dorsi flex mobility wall dril
Hip flexor 3 way stretch
Dorsi Flex mount prep on hands

Bosu Ball Squats
* 3 sets of 6 reps

**Walk out push ups- 12 reps
Dips- 15 reps
Over head Ball slams- 15 reps
3 sets

Standing on a Bosu ball- flat side up- I did 4 sets of the following 2 sets on 1 leg and 2 sets on the opposite leg

**Arnold Presses-
Bicep curls-
Side Lateral raises- 10lbs, 12 reps, 7.5lbs, 12 reps...5lbs, 15 reps
Weights I usedfor arnolds & biceps)...15lbs, 10 reps...12.5lbs, 12 reps...10lbs, 15 reps

**Upright rows- used a 25lb plate
Russian Twists-50 reps blue heavy ball
Reverse pec dec-40lbs 15 reps
2 sets

1:30 Time
655 Calories
113-152 heart rate

Feeling great so far and no pain in my right IT band or knee! YES!!!!!!


Wednesday
January 5, 2011
112lbs

RUN FIERCE FEEL BRAVE!

4 mile run
41.45 minutes
460 calories
146-176 heart rate

Corrective exercises for legs:
Dorsi flex mobility wall dril
Hip flexor 3 way stretch
Dorsi Flex mount prep on hands

did some quick abs to keep 'em stimulated and I was OUT!


Thursday
january 6, 2011
111.8lbs
DAY OFF FROM THE GYM!


Friday
January 7, 2011
111.8

GO LIGHT BE BRAVE!
Corrective exercises for legs:
Dorsi flex mobility wall dril
Hip flexor 3 way stretch
Dorsi Flex mount prep on hands

**no assist pull ups... 6 reps
decline push ups, feet on a bench...12 reps
hanging abs...15 reps
3 sets

**Cybex lat pull
orange band fly for chest
Oblique cruch off a bench
3 sets

**High close grip lat pull
decline dbell press
decline leg raise
2 sets

29 minutes
232 calories
129-169 heart rate


Saturday
January 8, 2011
112.4

BE STRONG THINK POWER!

Corrective exercises for legs:
Dorsi flex mobility wall dril
Hip flexor 3 way stretch
Dorsi Flex mount prep on hands

**Bosu Ball Squat- 3 sets 6 reps
Glue raise on Swiss ball- 3 sets 15 reps

**Walk out push ups- 15
dips- 15
over head ball slams- 15
**Shoulder Press
Bicep curls-
Side Lateral raises- 10lbs, 12 reps, 7.5lbs, 12 reps...5lbs, 15 reps
Weights I usedfor shoulder & biceps)...15lbs, 10 reps...12.5lbs, 12 reps...10lbs, 15 reps
3 sets


**Upright rows- used a 25lb plate
Russian Twists-50 reps blue heavy ball
Reverse pec dec-40lbs 15 reps

 Yep! Another great day, feeling good, legs are cooporating with me! :O) Sunday I took off from the gym and went to Mass, and then took my daughter to lunch... A great day! :O)

Overall, I burned 2974 calories from just my workouts. I like to be up around 3800 caloreis for the week, and I know once my 1/2 marathon training begins, I will get there and higher! SO exciting!!!!!!
Be on the look out for next weeks workouts! :O)

No comments: