Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 8, 2011

first week of the new year!

I must say that my first week in 2011 couldn't have been better! All the goals I set out to accomplish in the new year have already begun!

Most of you who know me know that I was never baptized never made my communion or my confirmation. My mom was raised in a very strict Catholic family with her 8 brothers and sisters, so when she had me, she decided she would give me the opportunity to make a decision on my religion. She does have some regrets, but quite honestly, I don't think I would be where I am now. I was driving by the beautiful church in my town around Thanksgiving and it was almost as if God made me turn to my left and look at the church, dial the number and call to speak with a priest. I signed up to go to Church Class!
Well, Tuesday nights from 7-9, I will ve with a group of 4 adults raging in ages 30-40 who are there to do the same thing as me. We all have similar stories. It felt so good to receive a Bible and my first set of Rosary Beads! Now I have lots of reading and catching up to do. WIth the help of my sister-in law Toni who is such an inspritaion to me as well as my sponsor, I know this journey will be one to remember! Connecting with "The Big Man Upstairs" is the one thing I have been missing....Now I am complete. I read everynight before bed, say a prayer and rest my head. There is no better feeling than having faith.

My other goal for 2011 is to sign up for 2 half marathons! I am going to to the 13.1 Inaugural Race again in Flushing Queens. I am going to tear up that course this year and beat my time!

Tinamarie Guaglianone #838 - April 3rd, 2010
Harrison, NY
Age: 38 Gender: F

DistanceHALF MAR
Clock Time 01:59:37
Chip Time 01:59:37
Overall Place 772 / 2117
Gender Place 277 / 1187
Division Place25 / 155
Age Grade 56.6%
Pace 9:07.4

So, that is taken care of! There is one other race I want to do, but I will fill you in once I know I am in!
My goal is to keep running and get faster this year. I did really awesome in 2010, but it's time to shine! I know I have that fire in me, I just need to pull it out!

Next post will have my workouts from the first week of 2011!

No comments: