Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I OWN THIS RUN....

I OWN THIS RUN!

That was my recipe for todays run along with a dash of self confidence and some focus on my goal! I really am so determined to run this race in April and not just run but run WELL! Anyone can enter a race just to say they did it, and while I think that - that is a great start, I am past that and have done a 1/2 marathon before and did ok, but now it's time to shine! I am so competitive with myself. I could care less who is running next to me, or who is faster than me, just as long as I am faster than I was last race. Make sense? Good!



    I can do all things through

     Christ who strengthens me! 

    Weight:114

    PMS'ing! GRRRR! I hate feeling like a balloon! I feel so heavy bloated and fat! Yea, I do!

    SO this week is going to be a bit more intense. With my speed increasing and my milage increasing, my warm ups are getting longer. I don't mind actually. I feel so much more flexible and loose. I will post pics soon, but here are some of my  exercises before I run.

    Mount Prep exercises...

  • World's greatest stretch
  • Atlas lunge
  • lateral lunge
  • curtsy lunge
         My corrective exercises are:
  • Rotating toe box- which I suck at
  • Pigeon Stretch/walk
  • Air squat with band around my knees

    6 MILES WITH 4 MILES @ HMP

    Today's pace run will follow the same pattern as last week; it will just be slightly longer. I will warm up with one mile of easy running, then I will  dial into my pace (9:13/mile) and hold it for four miles. I will cool down with one mile of easy running. 1-mile warmup- @ 5.8 , 4 miles @ HMP (9:13/mile) 6.5  and then  1-mile cool down-5.8.





Time:57.20
heart rate:153-175
calories: 547

How I felt....I was so proud of myself. The 4th mile of my HMP was definitely a shock to my body, as I felt my legs getting heavy, but I pulled through. Actually once I hit 5 miles, I slowed down and walked for 1 minute, then amped up my speed to 5.8, but felt so good that I started to run at 6.0, then went up to 7.0, and did my last quarter of a mile at 7.5..... I know I shouldn't have done that, because I could set myself up for an injurt, but I feel like if I am strong and fast and have the energy, why not?!?!?  Ehh!

I went into the studio and did more corrective exercises and felt really good, but my hip flexors are so tight.

I guess I spent every ounce of energy and glucose on my run because I wanted to do some upper body, but my muscles were not diggin that idea! I messed aorund for about 20 minutes and left...

Overall, I feel like I am where I should be in this program. Hopefully next week, I can increase my HMP to 6.6 and my slow run to 6.0.

We will see!



No comments: