RUN LIGHT THINK CONTROL!
All I can think all afternoon is what a feeling! OMG! I got up early to go train my favorite girls Christina & Robin who come to me at 7am on a Saturday morning to get a great workout in! After they left I trained my new client and an amazing woman- Geri, who is training with me for the NYC 1/2 Marathon in March! I am ecstatic! I get so motivated when I train certain clients.
In my journal for yesterday, I was supposed to do an upper body workout along with my corrective exercises, but I took the day off to spend time with my daughter. Today, when I looked in my book, I was supposed to do a 6 mile run. I was torn between doing Fridays workout and my run today. Well OF COURSE I decided to do my run! a 6 mile run! I DID IT! WOW! yea, you could say I am a little surprised..I am because it's been a while and I didn't think my endurance could keep up with my legs but I was wrong! I did fantastic!
6 mile run
5.6- 1 st mile
5.7- 2nd mile
5.8- 3rd & 4th mile
5.9- 5th mile
6.0- 6th mile.
1 hour 4 seconds- time
722 calories
134-171 heart rate
It took every ounce of discipline to NOT sprint towards the end. These long runs are conditioning my legs for the 1/2 marathon in April, so when I have them scheduled, I MUST CONTAIN myself from SPRINTING! When a sick song comes on my IPOD, my heart starts to race, and I feel like sprinting so hard and fast, but today I really held back, and I am glad I did. I finished the run with NO pain!
I walked a little when I was done, drank some water, looked up to God and just smiled. He was with me the whole way. I went over to the pull up bar and started doing close grip pull ups....amongst other things:
Close grip pull ups- 6 reps 3 sets
Push ups on my knuckles- 12 reps 2 sets
My corrective exercises of course
2 sets of each
7.5lb dumb bells- did one leg dead lift- 8 reps each side 2 sets
Bent knee bird dog with a crunch- 2 sets 15 reps
37 minutes
277 calories
124-161 heart rate
What a feeling! YEP! That is my statement for the day! Here is a song that matches how I feel! Put it on your playlist!
No comments:
Post a Comment