Total Pageviews

Friday, January 7, 2011

This is what I feel like this morning! YUK! I hate when I wake up and feel like I just ate a bowl of WHITE pasta! GROSS!
Last night I chopped up a butternut squash, cut up some brussel sprouts, an onion, garlic and a yam. I roasted them in the oven for about an hour. Last night was the last night I will EVER add brussel sprouts to my plate! EVERYTIME I eat them, I feel sick. It's a SIGN! My body doesn't like them and my belly feels it. I almost came to work with NO breakfast or coffee I feel so sick. Since I am running today, I HAVE To have my normal breakfast, so I made it, grabbed my "buck's coffee and off to work I went! This morning I will flush with LOTS of really cold water!






Guess who is felling better in the knees???? YUP! ME! YA HOO! I am running again! I am feeling great and really gaining back my endurnace and strength and speed. Taking time off has been really helpful as I have been told that I OVERTRAIN! Who, me???? NEVER! HA! I realize that doing legs every other day and running hard really did take a toll on my body. So as a PT friend of mine said, "No leg workouts for a month". Instead, He gave me some corrective exercises to do. I can't believe how my body is responding to these exercises already. I am back to my original plan about a year and a half ago, where I will be running 3 days a week, working out doing upper body and core 2 days a week, 1 full day of rest and one day of cross training.




It's true, you really need to be IN TUNE WITH YOUR BODY. I am really learning to pay attention to the signs by body is signaling to me, like achy joints, stiff legs, fatigue, mood swings and more. I still notive when I am done with a run, I am on top of the world, so in order for me to ALWAYS feel this, I am NO LONGER going to stress out  my body, besides, when you over train, your body stops changing!





Have you been to Andy's in Rye lately? EVER? OH BOY! My favorite place EVER! Been going there for 2 years now and I just discover more and more goodies each time I go! LOVE IT!  It's an all natural Vegan restaurant and take out place. Small, but this small place packs a HUGE PUNCH! Here are some of my fav's!
  • Tofu Sprout Sandwich- avocado spread, mixed greens, tofu, tomato, sunflower sprouts & whole grain wrap
  • Sunflower satisfation salad- Mixed greens, sunflower seeds, carrots, dill raisin
  • Energizing smoothie- pineapple, strawberry, banana, goji juice
They also offer cleanses. I am thinking of doing a 7 day cleanse that consist of whole grains like quinoa, salads and nut milks..... Hmmmmm, or shall I wait until it's almost BIKINI Time?

1 comment:

Melissa Cunningham said...

glad to hear you are back running again!!!!
hope your tummy troubles faded!
:)